article thumbnail

How to Tap Into Culture for Travel PR Strategies

5W PR

PR professionals should emphasize the importance of responsible tourism and encourage travelers to engage with the destination’s culture in a respectful and ethical manner. PR professionals can design initiatives that connect travelers with local families, schools, or community organizations.

Travel 78
article thumbnail

Talking About the Great Outdoors: Q&A With Acclaimed Storyteller Baratunde Thurston

PRSay

Thurston is a speaker at PRSA’s Travel and Tourism Conference, held June 20-23, at the Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center in Madison, Wis. Are CVBs and other tourism groups pitching you now to come and visit? And yes, some of them are tourism groups and official outlets. Bring it on!

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Lockdown letter: brainstorming second order COVID-19 effects

Stephen Waddington

End of the nine to five week - flexible working schedules will help address physical spacing and act as a counter measure to overcrowded commutes. Celebration of Britain - with international travel limited there’s likely to be a rapid resurgence in British art, culture and tourism. Resilience will also become a performance indicator.

Tourism 118
article thumbnail

Bringing Open Community To Public Relations

Waxing UnLyrical

Because if there’s one thing I believe takes public relations from good to great, it’s when your audiences start becoming your community through the relationships you develop with them. But I was curious to see how Maddie and Lindy perceived not just Open Community , but its juxtaposition with public relations.

article thumbnail

Measurement… Supplemented

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali Measurement… Supplemented October 22nd, 2010 Tweet Last week, Priya Ramesh, CRT/tanaka ‘s director of social media, joined us for the bi-weekly #measurePR chat. Sales of what?

article thumbnail

Bad PR Measurement Gets a Smackdown

Waxing UnLyrical

for the last few days, speaking on measurement at the 2011 Oregon Governor's Conference on Tourism. when I'd be speaking on measurement. So I asked my good friend and measurement guru Sean Williams to guest-moderate the chat. 55 minutes of near universal agreement that there’s too much crappy measurement out there , and.

article thumbnail

Measuring Public Relations Outcomes With Seth Duncan

Waxing UnLyrical

“Business outcomes tend to have two qualities in common; first, they have to be a measure of behavioral change (sales or otherwise); and second, as a metric, business outcomes must make sense/be recognizable across an organization.&# “PR outcomes usually refer to any end results of the communication campaign.