Remove Books Remove Community Remove Journalism Remove Storytelling
article thumbnail

Storytelling, Community and Purpose: Finding Balance Within the Tech Industry

The Hoffman Agency

From songwriting on my back porch as a kid to telling my little sister improvised tales of castles and princesses before bed, I have always been a storyteller. I wanted my stories to be read, to impact people and to foster action; this drive led me to journalism and eventually, public relations. By Jaden Gill, Account Coordinator.

article thumbnail

Five Quick and Easy Ways to Show #PR Thanks

Deirdre Breakenridge

I’ll sit in on keynotes and sessions to get the updates on pressing topics including measurement, diversity in communications, data and creative storytelling, etc. Book Reviews / Journal Research. For example, new books on PR, social media, strategic planning, influencers, etc., The Shout-Out.

Skype 150
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

What Are the New Rules of Marketing and PR?

wiredPRworks

Have you ever read a book that completely changed your life? In 2007, David mentioned my fledgling blog wiredPRworks in his book, “ The New Rules of Marketing and PR.”. When I found David’s work and read his first book, I knew I’d found the roadmap to the future of marketing and PR. Storytelling success stories.

Marketing 118
article thumbnail

Behind the Headlines With Ray Hennessey

Cision

In this interview, Ray discusses what makes good storytelling, why audiences are ignoring brand content and how to provide authenticity in your communication with your audience. How will your background in journalism give you an edge in this role? It’s no secret digital has changed the way we communicate. It’s responsive.

article thumbnail

Silver Anvil Preview: 5 Questions With NY1’s Pat Kiernan

PRSay

Here, the TV personality — known for his “In the Papers” feature humorously summarizing the New York daily newspapers — talks about engaging an audience, storytelling, the newsgathering process and work-life balance. Inputting what you should include and leaving out the things that you shouldn’t include is really the art of storytelling.

Wireless 102
article thumbnail

Creative Headlines Will Drive PR SEO & Success in 2017

Cision

It continues a thought leading series based on Agency and Client-side workplace issues, and is the basis of a forthcoming coaching and mentoring book to be published in 2017 alongside the 15th anniversary of the agency. The power of ideas and proper communication is one that cannot and will not be underestimated.

SEO 120
article thumbnail

How Do I Become a PR Influencer

Critical Mention

The path to gaining a following and making an impact on the community is a little different for everybody. With everything in real-time, for example, look at how we’re using streaming video in our storytelling. Since I’m a professor and a storyteller who publishes frequently, Grammarly is also crucial.