Remove Blogging Remove Community Remove Facebook Remove Film
article thumbnail

Blog Contest Winner: How The FEEL Model Can Get You Closer to Your Goals

Deirdre Breakenridge

A Guest Post By Keke Ellis, American University Grad Student, FEEL Blog Post Winner. Back in 2014, I made a comment on Facebook about the movie Dear White People. If I remember correctly, I mentioned something to the effect of how the male protagonist (who happened to be white) was not the ‘savior’ of the film. I hated it.

Blogging 239
article thumbnail

Power of Digital Storytelling: A Guide for Nonprofits to Engage Youth to Become Change Agents

Deirdre Breakenridge

A Guest Post B y Rana Shenawi, G raduate Student, American University, PR Expanded Blog Contest Winner. Although this blog is tailored to nonprofits, any organization can use these tips for youth engagement. Credit: Giving Compass (www.givingcompass.org). Just last month on Sept. A new Pew Research Center survey of U.S.

Nonprofit 240
article thumbnail

How Pioneers in Skirts Ran a Successful Kickstarter Campaign…and Beyond!

Deirdre Breakenridge

A documentary film depends on individuals, foundations and businesses to help fund it – and the process of applying and appealing is always ongoing. Knowing that Kickstarters are also important for getting more eyes on the film itself, I did my best to help increase awareness of, and drive excitement for, the film and its Kickstarter.

Film 150
article thumbnail

The sit-down restaurant chains making headlines in 2023

NewsWhip

To keep the link to our previous blog we’re also going to include Chick-fil-A for comparison, as the chicken restaurant faced some drama this week. engagements on Facebook and Twitter. For context the top two recipes had more Pins on Pinterest than all of the articles combined had engagement on Facebook and Twitter.

article thumbnail

Should Your Brand Voice Stay the Same Across Social Channels?

Contently - Strategy

Hanks has enjoyed an illustrious film career precisely because he is not a character actor. He makes small adjustments to his beloved persona depending on the film in which he’s appearing, but at the core, he’s still recognizable. Your brand voice on Facebook.

Brand 111
article thumbnail

Purdah communication and resource rules

Stephen Waddington

In a case last week the Government came under fire for spending public money on Facebook ads targeted at voters in marginal constitutions announced in September. A similar approach applies to blogs and social media. Social media and blogs updating the public with essential information may continue.

article thumbnail

Is social media all about massive numbers of followers, likes and shares?

MaccaPR

Marketers obsess over whether they have more Twitter followers or Facebook fans than their competitors. RedBull had 45 million Facebook fans. The Dove “Real Beauty” Sketches film, which became the #1 most viewed online ad of all time in 2013, had 65 million views and tens of millions of shares, likes and comments.