Remove 2013 Remove Community Remove Employee Remove Marketing
article thumbnail

Less publicized but more interesting takeaways from 3 reports on marketing and PR

Sword and the Script

The vendor community that serves PR has published a handful of reports over the last few months. Studies show the average email marketing campaign has a 20% open rate and 2% CTR. That’s according to a report by Muck Rack based on 193 survey responses from marketing and PR professionals late last year. Is that good?

Report 106
article thumbnail

Three cardinal rules of PR that Adidas broke with Kanye West

NewsWhip

In the days immediately following, West unleashed a torrent of anti-Semitic comments on social media, culminating in his appearance on Drink Champs, a hip-hop community podcast on October 16, where he said: “I can say anti-Semitic things, and Adidas can’t drop me. Adidas shouldn’t have signed West in 2013. Now what?” .

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

This Semrush Acquisition of Backlinko hits PR, SEO and Content Marketing Trifecta [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

Here’s another one: In 2013, the trade publication Bulldog Reporter was about to shutter after 30 years of covering PR news. In any case, both of these were “audience buys” and proved to be savvy PR, content marketing and SEO moves. Second, these weren’t just emails lists from downloaded content – but communities of engaged readers.

SEO 132
article thumbnail

How to build better relations with employees

PR Conversations

Next, it is interesting that Earnshaw’s chapter title focuses on relationships with employees, where the 2014 text has a more functionalist title. The first notable difference in these two works is that Earnshaw is an outsider; the modern authors are practitioners in the field.

article thumbnail

I Sold PR 20/20, but That’s Just the Start of the Story

PR 20/20

Fueled by a mix of youthful exuberance, adrenaline and caffeine, I set out to redefine the marketing agency model with a focus on standardized services and value-based pricing. Register for Marketing AI Conference (MAICON) 2021 Virtual, Sept. Invest in your future! That tagline has never been more relevant than it is today.

article thumbnail

More Intelligent, More Human: The Future of Marketing Is Both

PR 20/20

Brands have the opportunity to do better marketing at scale, and in doing so, make the world a better place. The future of marketing is more intelligent and more human. Values-based messaging (32%) was more effective than product-focused communications (26%) in driving advocacy. Source: Neilsen , 2013).

article thumbnail

I Sold PR 20/20, but That’s Just the Start of the Story

PR 20/20

Fueled by a mix of youthful exuberance, adrenaline and caffeine, I set out to redefine the marketing agency model with a focus on standardized services and value-based pricing. Register for Marketing AI Conference (MAICON) 2021 Virtual, Sept. Invest in your future! That tagline has never been more relevant than it is today.