Remove 2008 Remove Community Remove Interviews Remove Leadership
article thumbnail

Reflexivity Memo on PR practice from craft skills to education. A case of ‘plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose’.

PR Conversations

Publication of that collective interview was prompted by my piece called A radical view of PR , which generated 48 comments including, notably, a response from Jim Grunig – one of several in the resulting lively discussion. Then, please return to read this Reflexivity Memo inspired by Jim’s answers to the questions that I posed in 2008: Q9.

article thumbnail

Podcasting 2.0 & Web 3.0 with Jennifer Navarrete on Growing Social Now

wiredPRworks

Meet Jennifer Navarrette, Podcast Producer, Virtual Event Producer, Content Strategist, Community Builder, Speaker, and Blockchain Enthusiast – one of the top Women on Twitter Spaces. Jennifer launched a 30-part series, Social Media and the Blockchain, and the Blockchain Creatis community where she hosts weekly Spaces on Twitter.

Web 119
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Communicating with Creativity not C.R.A.P. with Beth Nyland on Growing Social Now with Barbara Rozgonyi

wiredPRworks

This was an interview I was so looking forward to – after all, Beth and I go way, way, way back to the early days when corporate communications was just making the transition to the first evolution of social media: the intranet. An early social media advocate, Barbara founded Social Media Club Chicago in 2008.

article thumbnail

Running Corporate Communications and Social Media

wiredPRworks

The ongoing battle of content thought leadership, and brand journalism and how to win more. What the mindset of today’s top communicators reveals about the profession. His team leverages a multi-channel approach to promote the firm’s brand and reputation through storytelling and thought leadership. What we covered.

article thumbnail

How Can Financial Services Organizations Use Social Media?

wiredPRworks

Listen in as Barbara Rozgonyi interviews Chris McGuire about what’s working for his company’s financial services clients. Financial Services Organizations Social Media Interview Key Points. An early social media advocate, Barbara founded Social Media Club Chicago in 2008. Tune into smart insights, cool tips, and lots of laughs.

article thumbnail

Exploring Best Practices in Global Communications

PRSay

I threw myself into understanding mandarin and Chinese history and reveled in getting to know the community. So many of the best and brightest journalists, executives, diplomats and PR folk descended on Beijing as part of the buildup to the Beijing 2008 Olympics. Our mission in dealing with issues was “no surprises for leadership.”.

article thumbnail

SHIFTxSW: Interview with Hugh Forrest, Director of SXSW Interactive

Shift Communications

While these certainly are the building blocks for an event centered on thought leadership and innovation, SHIFT wanted to get inside the mind that started it all. For this talk, I will outline some of the new additions for this year’s event as well as cover the general community vibe of SXSW Interactive.