Remove 2010 Remove Community Remove Social Media Remove Writing
article thumbnail

How the New York Public Library’s Blog Mobilizes Communities

Cision

It can include social media, tip sheets, and emails, as well as paid promotions like native advertising and promoted posts on social platforms. And for nonprofit organizations on a budget, blogging can often be the most effective way to engage and mobilize communities.

Community 120
article thumbnail

How People Made 2010 What It Was

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali How People Made 2010 What It Was December 31st, 2010 Tweet Just a few more hours before we put our 2010 calendars away and start our New Year, eh? My, time flies. I turned 40.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Bringing Open Community To Public Relations

Waxing UnLyrical

Because if there’s one thing I believe takes public relations from good to great, it’s when your audiences start becoming your community through the relationships you develop with them. But I was curious to see how Maddie and Lindy perceived not just Open Community , but its juxtaposition with public relations.

article thumbnail

Talking The Social Media Walk

Waxing UnLyrical

All the comments were thoughtful, but there were a few that made me think a lot more about this whole “social media&# thing. But truth be told, after a while, this ‘social media’ stuff has made me consciously LESS social both in person and online, and I have my reasons. Interesting.

article thumbnail

How Pioneers in Skirts Ran a Successful Kickstarter Campaign…and Beyond!

Deirdre Breakenridge

That was a real success in the college community. As part of an effort to get smaller blogs to write about the film, I contacted blog owner, Jamie Bullock, of Project:Women and told her about the film. We had to either post a fun picture with our friend, or write a poem / something engaging and funny.

Film 150
article thumbnail

Reflexivity Memo on PR practice from craft skills to education. A case of ‘plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose’.

PR Conversations

As a passionate advocate of reflective practice and lifelong learning, it’s always useful to look back at my previous writing/thinking. Craft skills in 2008 – such as writing or editing – were an entry point for many, expected by employers, and readily supplied by educational institutions.

article thumbnail

Want Social Media Evangelizers? Be Social

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali Want Social Media Evangelizers? Be Social September 7th, 2010 Tweet Today BNET published my second post, focusing on how companies can use social media to turn customers into evangelizers.