Remove 2010 Remove Community Remove Reputation Remove Social Media
article thumbnail

Reputation on social media – Comms must own it or lose it

NewsWhip

I’d like to focus on a particular group who are impacted by this new reality: the professionals charged with protecting corporate reputation. Aggressively adapting to this future is going to be a requirement for these professionals to maintain their responsibility for reputation strategy – and their professional relevance. .

article thumbnail

Emily in Paris: A social media professor’s perspective

Karen Freberg

In the 2010’s, we then had Olivia in “Scandal” for handling crises and work in reputation management. Now, as we enter a new decade with a new show that will paint a picture of what social media professionals really do in their work. We are the voices behind the brands on social.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

What’s Trending? (Part 1): Race and COVID-19 have been among the hottest topics on social media, but it also depends on who’s talking about it

NewsWhip

At the University of Michigan Center for Social Media Responsibility (CSMR), we publish and monitor a metric we call the Iffy Quotient —the fraction of the most popular URLs on Facebook and Twitter that come from “Iffy” sites that often publish misinformation. in the U.S.; and the U.S. presidential election. James Park.

article thumbnail

Global Social Media for Local Social Good

wiredPRworks

How does social media change the world - in good ways? Looking back to 2010, one of the most inspiring events I've ever been a part of was a collection of social media for social good experiences from around the world. Global Social Media for Local Social Good. Social Media Club Chicago.

Local 40
article thumbnail

Comms School: end of term

Stephen Waddington

In 2010 Antony Mayfield wrote a book called Me and My Web Shadow: How to Manage Your Reputation Online. Ten years later I’d urge everyone to have a personal plan for managing their online reputation. My blog and participation in social media communities help attract talent and work.

Web 68
article thumbnail

Reflexivity Memo on PR practice from craft skills to education. A case of ‘plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose’.

PR Conversations

Although the accelerating decline in the influence of national and local media signalled an end to the dominance of a journalist-to-PR career pathway, it also weakened the established case for the importance of PR in the C-suite (boardroom). They wanted access to reputable information, to build relationships, to hold organisations to account.

article thumbnail

PR Winners: The Best Stories of 2018

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

For public relations and reputation experts, it’s easy to point out the brands and personalities who mishandled bad news or missed opportunities after public mistakes. They knew the press would want fresh faces for interviews, so they organized a deep bench of media-savvy spokespersons and messages for journalists and news crews.

Fashion 255