Remove 2010 Remove Community Remove Creativity Remove Publicity
article thumbnail

How the New York Public Library’s Blog Mobilizes Communities

Cision

The term “content marketing” casts a wide net when it comes to ways to promote and publicize a brand or organization. And for nonprofit organizations on a budget, blogging can often be the most effective way to engage and mobilize communities. One organization that has mastered this method is the New York Public Library.

Community 120
article thumbnail

3 Essential PR Trends to Monitor in the New Year and Decade

PRSay

At the risk of sounding old, 2010 seemed like just yesterday. Public relations has come a long way in the last 10 years on so many fronts, presenting both new challenges and opportunities. 2020 is the perfect time to take a fresh, creative approach to your partnerships. Yet, in reflection, so much has changed.

Trends 167
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Why You Should Consider Applying for the PRSA Board of Directors

PRSay

In 2010, as a student, I was elected to serve as the vice president of career services on the PRSSA National Committee. The Board should reflect the community it represents and advocate for the professionals that comprise it. Thornburg, APR, is the global director of public relations for Sojern, a travel marketing technology company.

Education 122
article thumbnail

How Reading Fairy Tales Can Improve Public Relations

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali How Reading Fairy Tales Can Improve Public Relations December 28th, 2010 Tweet What’s your favorite fairy tale? I actually have a bunch of them. Also Cinderella. Also Cinderella.

article thumbnail

Public Relations Lessons From Jesus, The Apostles And The Bible

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali Public Relations Lessons From Jesus, The Apostles And The Bible December 24th, 2010 Tweet Note: this is not a religious post, and is meant neither to proselytize nor offend.

article thumbnail

Kpop Lessons: Handling Defamation Through Public Relations

Waxing UnLyrical

Image: twchoi11 via Flickr , Creative Commons Though I wouldn’t consider myself as devoted as some fan clubs. The rumors about Tablo’s supposed forgery were spread by two online communities: “We Urge Tablo to Tell the Truth,&# or TaJinYo , and “A World Where Common Sense is the Truth,&# or SangJinSe.

article thumbnail

How To Become A Public Relations Star

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali How To Become A Public Relations Star December 14th, 2010 Tweet Guest post by Mike Doman I recently had the pleasure of sitting on the admissions panel for a PR course.