Remove Brand Remove Community Remove Newspapers Remove Sports
article thumbnail

Tips for Promoting Your Special Event

Landis PR

You may have noticed that the “calendar” section in your neighborhood newspaper, online newsletter or event site is starting to populate with things to do. After a year and a half of (mostly) virtual events, many places around the world are offering in-person events, from concerts to lectures to wine fests and sports.

Local 98
article thumbnail

Depressed and depressing: the state of UK news media

Stephen Waddington

Even the most trusted brands like the BBC are seen as biased especially on issues such as Brexit and climate change. News media in pain Newspaper brands continue to suffer as readers shift from print to digital. UK citizens report that the news negatively affects their mood and they feel powerless to affect events.

Print 115
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Mary Gannon, Editor-in-Chief of Fluid Power World & Senior Editor at Design World

Bianchi Biz Blog

As the face of our brand, I am responsible for traveling to industry events and networking with our readers, advertisers and others. I have been in journalism or PR for 25 years — I went to Boston University for journalism and upon graduation, I worked as a business reporter for a local daily newspaper on the outside of Cleveland.

Meeting 72
article thumbnail

5 Tips to Effectively Engage Generation Zers

PRSay

As Gen Z, individuals born starting in 1997 as defined by the Pew Research Center, replaces millennials as the primary consumer target for many corporations, organizations and brands, PR practitioners must delve into this consumer segment and understand how to effectively engage them for the next 15-20 years.

article thumbnail

Q&A with Robin Carr, Senior Counselor

Landis PR

I spent 18 years in sports public relations (San Francisco Giants, Nike, EA Sports) before moving into various corporate PR roles (Ubisoft, Gap, Inc., At the Giants, there was Until There’s A Cure Day. The Giants were the first sports team to have a game devoted to HIV/AIDS awareness. By Landis Staff. At Gap, Inc.,

Sports 52
article thumbnail

Behind the Headlines With Ashley Simmons

Cision

What drew you to the field of public relations and communication? For example, sure Snapchat is a new tool we have, and brands are beginning to successfully leverage it in their marketing efforts, but does it make sense for your current objective and situation to reach the audience you’re looking to target? Maybe, but maybe not.

article thumbnail

9 Blogs To Make You PR-Smart

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

The Boing Boing blog is an eclectic compilation of mostly weird and under-the-radar entertainment, political, sports and science stories usually illustrated with video. This awesome blog is a how-to for brands looking to package and distribute the best stories from within their organizations. Boing Boing. Better Writing Blogs.

Blogging 170