Remove Community Remove Newspapers Remove Sports
article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Doug Bolduc, Managing Editor at Automotive News Europe

Bianchi Biz Blog

It won an award from the National Newspaper Association for community service. We are both in the media and we were once the weekend TV news and sports anchor team on the island of Guam. I started writing professionally at 17 years old as a sports correspondent for my local newspaper, the Milford (NH) Cabinet.

article thumbnail

Tips for Promoting Your Special Event

Landis PR

You may have noticed that the “calendar” section in your neighborhood newspaper, online newsletter or event site is starting to populate with things to do. After a year and a half of (mostly) virtual events, many places around the world are offering in-person events, from concerts to lectures to wine fests and sports.

Local 98
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Depressed and depressing: the state of UK news media

Stephen Waddington

News media in pain Newspaper brands continue to suffer as readers shift from print to digital. Popular newspaper brands have suffered double digit falls in print circulation with the Daily Star (-18%), Daily Mirror (-13%), and Daily Express (-12%) hardest hit.

Print 115
article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Mary Gannon, Editor-in-Chief of Fluid Power World & Senior Editor at Design World

Bianchi Biz Blog

I have been in journalism or PR for 25 years — I went to Boston University for journalism and upon graduation, I worked as a business reporter for a local daily newspaper on the outside of Cleveland. After a few years hiatus doing community PR, I entered technical publishing when I was out of a job for a few months.

Meeting 72
article thumbnail

Q&A with Robin Carr, Senior Counselor

Landis PR

I spent 18 years in sports public relations (San Francisco Giants, Nike, EA Sports) before moving into various corporate PR roles (Ubisoft, Gap, Inc., At the Giants, there was Until There’s A Cure Day. The Giants were the first sports team to have a game devoted to HIV/AIDS awareness. By Landis Staff.

Sports 52
article thumbnail

5 Tips to Effectively Engage Generation Zers

PRSay

They are digital natives, tech smart, entrepreneurial- spirited, community-minded, socially conscious and purpose driven. They do not read newspapers and magazines or watch traditional television. On the professional sports front, the National Hockey League also skated their way into an incubator of Gen Zers in early 2019.

article thumbnail

How Online News Media Impacts your Business

Critical Mention

The most popular including online newspapers, magazines, blogs, trade publications and forums. . For example, professional sports teams often have community partners and programs. Early on in her career, she developed a passion for marketing, writing and anything within the communication field. Outsourced Promotion.

Media 60