Remove Books Remove Community Remove International Remove Newspapers
article thumbnail

Remembering D. Parke Gibson, a Passionate Advocate for Race Relations and Public Relations

PRSay

Parke Gibson Pioneer Award is PRSA’s highest individual honor presented to a PR professional who has contributed to increased awareness of public relations within multicultural communities and participated in promoting issues that meet the needs of these diverse communities. Parke Gibson International, in New York in 1960. “He

Publicity 157
article thumbnail

Can we press release that? 15 stories about the public relations industry (you won’t believe #10)

Stephen Waddington

It’s an overview of industry issues as discussed by my community of practice. I started an online community of practice at the outset of the pandemic. There are some topics that come up time and time again in the community. We’d compile clipping books for clients at the end of each month. Good afternoon.

Industry 153
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

PRSA Expert Express Talk : PR Expanded ( Global, Disruptive Tech, Big Data )

Deirdre Breakenridge

However, I managed to share three big trends along with three new practices for PR professionals in an Expert Express Talk at the PRSA International Conference in Washington, DC ( #PRSAICON ). Knowing that communication has no borders and boundaries. Understanding diverse environments internally and externally.

Big Data 250
article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Vesna Brajkovic, Managing Editor of Heavy Duty Trucking & TruckingInfo.com

Bianchi Biz Blog

By the end of my junior year I was running the paper, and one of my stories got picked up by a local newspaper. From there I went on to freelance for community newspapers around Milwaukee, and got a part-time job at a business-to-business publisher covering aviation for three sister magazines. I haven’t looked back since.

Meeting 82
article thumbnail

PR is a business of intelligent opinion makers: Maxim Behar

Maxim Behar

He is a past president of the International Communications Consultancy Organization, also known as, ICCO, which is the largest and most influential global organization of PR professionals and practitioners. And now is a president of The World Communications Forum Association, registered in Davos, Switzerland.

Ethics 52
article thumbnail

Maxim Behar in The Career show podcast

Maxim Behar

But in the end, the truth is that we who do business with this and seriously advise large international companies do our job the same way our colleagues in Germany, France, and the UK do theirs. Host: You wrote the book "The World PR Revolution" and it became an absolute bestseller. And that revolution is mainly on media ownership.

article thumbnail

Behind the Headlines With Kim Spear

Cision

One of my clients at the time was a top tier Olympic Games sponsor and despite the uncertainties being played out on the international stage, the sponsorship program plan in China went off without a hitch. PR evolves and so should every professional in the industry regardless of their level. Image via Kim Spear.

Local 120