Remove 2017 Remove Community Remove Corporate Remove Media Relations
article thumbnail

The 22 Responsibilities of PR and What They Entail

Onclusive

Originally Published August 23, 2017; Updated August 9, 2021 ; Updated November 2023 PR is always evolving. Whether you’re a new PR assistant or the Director of Communications, the core of your job revolves around using news and content to put forth your brand’s desired messaging.

Training 195
article thumbnail

The 21 Responsibilities of PR and What They Entail

Onclusive

Originally Published August 23, 2017; Updated August 9, 2021. Whether you’re a new PR assistant or the Director of Communications, the core of your job revolves around using news and content to put forth your brand’s desired messaging. Earned Media & Media Relations. Corporate Communications.

Training 370
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Level Up from Media Relations to Strategic Communications

Solo PR Pro

Despite popular belief, public relations is not synonymous with media relations. True public relations is the process of establishing and maintaining effective relationships between an organization and its publics. However, certain businesses can – and do – survive without media relations.

article thumbnail

The 20 Responsibilities of PR and What They Entail

Onclusive

Earned Media/Media Relations. Far from just managing a digital Rolodex, landing earned media in publications that resonate with target audiences is only one small part of the earned-media mix. Corporate Communications. Internal Communications. Media Training.

article thumbnail

Nonprofit Local News Gains Steam

PRSay

Over the next decade, Todd predicted, his profession will slowly move beyond the public scorn and skepticism toward the news media that has grown amid the country’s current political divide. While the nonprofit status of Tribune Publishing did not come to fruition, many other notable media outlets have embraced this new business model.

Nonprofit 172
article thumbnail

Spotlight on a Solo PR Pro: Meet Pennie Rorex

Solo PR Pro

Wherever retirement takes her, though, Pennie simply wants to spend quality time with others as she will no longer face deadlines — something she’s become accustomed to for the past four decades working in communications. I learned in the three longest years of my life that working for a for-profit corporation was not for me.”

Meeting 88
article thumbnail

Hopes, Dreams and Sage Advice: 40+ Marketing and PR predictions for 2023

Sword and the Script

And, given the vast amount of time I pour into writing about PR technology , I’m really pleased with the long list of contributions from the PR technology vendor community. a) Many community newspapers going away and hopefully still being available in some kind of online format. Strengthening community-building and connections.

Marketing 196