Remove 2010 Remove Community Remove Media Remove Print
article thumbnail

Reputation on social media – Comms must own it or lose it

NewsWhip

Today that “clash and turmoil of billions of human lives” is fully captured by our media ecosystem, and delivered to us every minute, via high definition screens, social networks and personalisation algorithms, on our networked computers, phones and other devices. . Others are not adapting and don’t feel they need to do so.

article thumbnail

Is Public Relations Management a Technology? [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

Summary of monthly PR tech news: Muck Rack focuses on public relations management; Prowly enhances media database; new execs at Meltwater and Signal AI The term “public relations management” sounds like an advanced college class but shaping up for something else. In an interview with PRWeek, the company likened it to a CRM for PR.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

#PR Expanded [Guest Post]: Drawn To The Spotlight, Part 1

Deirdre Breakenridge

Some might chalk up their success to their early adoption of blogging and social media. During the call Gini asked me, “If you were to do it again, would you grow your social media community on LinkedIn?”. The advent of the Internet and social media created the conditions for countless people to be heard.

YouTube 150
article thumbnail

The Old “New Media” and Marketing Tools with Novel Twists [UML]

Sword and the Script

However, other traditionally print new organizations – notably the Wall Street Journal and USA Today – got into the podcast game far earlier. It’s worth noting Pinterest also has a foundational track record with social media advertisers. NZ, Passing Time 2010 ( Public Domain ) . Photo credit: Flickr, Bernard Spragg.

Tools 60
article thumbnail

How September 11 Impacted PR and Email Communications

wiredPRworks

In 2012, I wrote an update on a previous post with thoughts on how the September 11 attacks immediately reshaped community, public relations and communications. Reflecting on How 9/11 Immediately Impacted Community PR and Communications. We needed to find ways to communicate quickly, accurately and effectively.

article thumbnail

Dealmaking Sizzles Again Among PR Software Providers and Here Comes Another Side Dish of Generative AI for Comms [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

Here’s this month’s summary of the news from the vendor community this month. Talkwalker hired a new CEO and new CMO in late 2022 and appears to have done a round of layoffs in sales and marketing, according to multiple social media updates I’ve observed. Truescope is an Australian-based startup focused on media monitoring.

article thumbnail

Reflecting on 9/11 Anniversary #NeverForget

wiredPRworks

Today, I'm posting an update on a previous post with thoughts on how the September 11 attacks immediately reshaped community, public relations, and communications from my perspective as an education communicator. Reflecting on How 9/11 Immediately Impacted Community PR and Communications. 2011 Update.