Remove 2010 Remove Community Remove Creativity Remove Media
article thumbnail

How the New York Public Library’s Blog Mobilizes Communities

Cision

It can include social media, tip sheets, and emails, as well as paid promotions like native advertising and promoted posts on social platforms. And for nonprofit organizations on a budget, blogging can often be the most effective way to engage and mobilize communities. A: We encourage everyone to share their work on social media.

Community 120
article thumbnail

3 Essential PR Trends to Monitor in the New Year and Decade

PRSay

At the risk of sounding old, 2010 seemed like just yesterday. Organic reach on social media was also still possible for brands. 2020 is the perfect time to take a fresh, creative approach to your partnerships. This includes newsletters, closed Facebook groups and social media pages, among other places. Social activism.

Trends 167
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Quick Summaries to 5 Surveys of PR and Corporate Communications

Sword and the Script

I’ve spent the past few weeks breaking down the survey results from The 5th Annual JOTW Strategic Communications Survey for 2022 (see these posts covering the executive summary , top challenges , organizational trust in media and views on media bias ). Other interesting statistics: Social media is material. Yes and yes.

Survey 81
article thumbnail

Pitching for pants

Stephen Waddington

Channels and tactics Mainstream media: national, lifestyle and technology Social media: Facebook, Instagram, TikTok YouTube channel: underwear.tv Channels and tactics Mainstream media: national, lifestyle and technology Social media: Facebook, Instagram, TikTok YouTube channel: underwear.tv

Pitching 102
article thumbnail

The Old “New Media” and Marketing Tools with Novel Twists [UML]

Sword and the Script

Pinterest, which positioned itself as a “ visual search engine ” – as opposed to a social media network – has set itself up to capitalize on the opportunity while creating a new one for marketers: it recently introduced visual search ads. It’s worth noting Pinterest also has a foundational track record with social media advertisers.

Tools 60
article thumbnail

Talking The Social Media Walk

Waxing UnLyrical

Image: Lars Plougmann via Flickr, Creative Commons Really, if you just read through the comments, there’s your follow-up blog post… but since I promised you one, you’re getting one. All the comments were thoughtful, but there were a few that made me think a lot more about this whole “social media&# thing.

article thumbnail

When The Media Plays Scrooge

Waxing UnLyrical

What surprised me (and not a little) is the way the media who were apprised of the event have portrayed this. It seems some of our local media can’t even do that. Image: Peter Lee via Flickr, Creative Commons Thanks so much for stopping by WUL! Who knows, maybe the media folk will too. We told you so!&# Bah, humbug.

Media 89