article thumbnail

11 Steps For Crisis Management

Prohibition

This is where crisis management comes in. Crisis management is the reaction to an unexpected event that could have long lasting consequences on the organisation’s finances or reputation. Crisis management is not preventing a crisis, but rather managing an existing crisis.

article thumbnail

What Is Crisis Management And Why Its Important?

Prohibition

Crisis management is something every company needs to implement as part of its business processes. Without a documented plan, how would you handle a crisis? If you think you could never be the victim of a crisis, think again. How do you define crisis management? A successful crisis plan is proactive.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

COVID-19 fatigue: Why do I feel so miserable?

Stephen Waddington

Crisis management experts explain the life cycle of the COVID-19 crisis, your current mood, and what you can do about it. Earlier this week a manager described his team as going feral. Coombs developed Situational Crisis Communication Theory (SCCT). He is the author of numerous books on crisis management.

article thumbnail

Learning From Past Crises to Navigate Post-COVID-19

Reputation Us

My recent crisis experiences include the 1992 riots in Los Angeles, when I was working at an NPR station in Southern California, and the 9-11 attacks in 2001, when I was representing the airline industry with public relations firm Webber Shandwick. While managing the immediate, you must also look to the future. A: Listen.

Crisis 78
article thumbnail

4 Corporate Communications Lessons From Hurricane Harvey

PRSay

In corporate settings, outside crisis management experts can use their mental and physical distance from a crisis to see it clearly. Similarly, companies can anticipate many of the resources they’ll need if a crisis strikes. Such allies need to be organized, however, for crisis management messages to be consistent.

Corporate 107
article thumbnail

Issue? Crisis? What’s The Difference and Why Is It Important?

Melissa Agnes

But the reality is that issues and crises are very different in nature and need to be managed in different ways. The difference in nature can be illustrated by this analogy: Issue management is steering the ship out of troubled waters. Crisis management is trying to save the ship after it has struck and iceberg.

Crisis 249
article thumbnail

2021 Crisis Spotting

Reputation Us

Tides seemed to shift daily for credit unions struggling with the next wave of crises that hit their financial institution and communities.

Crisis 78