Remove Books Remove Community Remove Tourism Remove Writing
article thumbnail

Using Social Amidst a Crisis: Q&A With Scott Peacock & K.C. Brown

Cision

How did Scott’s team keep the state’s tourism afloat? They turned to their crisis communication plan and Cision Global Insights At the recent “ Prepare for Crises Lurking Beneath Your Brand ,” Scott Peacock and Cision’s K.C. .: They just weren’t there. What was their expectation?

Crisis 120
article thumbnail

Bringing Open Community To Public Relations

Waxing UnLyrical

Because if there’s one thing I believe takes public relations from good to great, it’s when your audiences start becoming your community through the relationships you develop with them. But I was curious to see how Maddie and Lindy perceived not just Open Community , but its juxtaposition with public relations.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Recap Part I: #PRStudChat Discusses PR Education & Learning

Deirdre Breakenridge

Most schools offer the basic courses such as Introduction to PR, Writing, Research, Campaigns, Case Studies, and Crisis Communications. In terms of adjuncts, Kirk Hazlett said it perfectly, “Adjuncts bring “freshness” of profession…’Here’s what I did TODAY’ versus ‘Here’s what the book says’.”

Education 150
article thumbnail

Judging A Blog Post By Its Cover

Waxing UnLyrical

It’s not just thinking about writing that I’ve been engaging in. Image: mj*laflaca via Flickr , Creative Commons It’s about how that writing looks. Image: mj*laflaca via Flickr , Creative Commons It’s about how that writing looks. D’oh, you say. Pull out the bag of tricks.

article thumbnail

MeasurePR: The BrandBuilder Edition

Waxing UnLyrical

Mark Storys The Intersection of Online and Offline Mary's Garden Party - Mary Barber, APR, Fellow PRSA Measurement Matters Media Bullseye More With Les (Potter, ABC) NetWits Think Tank New Media Lisa - Lisa Hoffmann Occam's RazR - Ike Pigott PR Conversations Sean Williams' Communication AMMO! Why not book me for a speaking gig

article thumbnail

Colors Of My Life

Waxing UnLyrical

Mark Storys The Intersection of Online and Offline Mary's Garden Party - Mary Barber, APR, Fellow PRSA Measurement Matters Media Bullseye More With Les (Potter, ABC) NetWits Think Tank New Media Lisa - Lisa Hoffmann Occam's RazR - Ike Pigott PR Conversations Sean Williams' Communication AMMO! Why not book me for a speaking gig

Tourism 58
article thumbnail

Four Steps To Optimize A News Release For Google News

Waxing UnLyrical

Write original, timely, relevant content , says Google (heard this one before ?). Shannon Pauls Very Official Blog Spin Sucks TopRank Online Marketing Blog Writing Boots - David Murray Love WUL? Read Me On BNET Watch Me In Action Book Me! Why not book me for a speaking gig ? These steps are quite easy, really.

Google 109