Remove Books Remove Community Remove Journalism Remove Print
article thumbnail

5 Solos PR Pros Share How They Structure Their Work Day

Solo PR Pro

There’s a whole community of like minded people you can lean on. Janet Falk, Falk Communications and Research. There are several that help contacts expedite booking appointments with you; they display time slots when you are available and viewers select a preferred day and time. Anne Isenhower, Anne Isenhower Communications.

Meeting 98
article thumbnail

12 Places to Find Relevant Content Ideas Now

Cision

If you think that print journalism is dead, I’ll share that I learned about a specific tech tool this weekend not from a Google Alerts or from an RSS feed, but from The New York Times. If you subscribe to Audible you can set up the audio version of The Wall Street Journal or The New York Times for free. Google Trends.

Google 120
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Future of PR: 2020 edition

Stephen Waddington

Public service media is failing the public Thank you My thanks to the following communities and individuals. The project has brought me into contact with a new community of more than 50 thinkers and doers. The #FuturePRoof community goes from strength-to-strength. The book is a multi-author project led by Dr Martina Topi?

article thumbnail

Silver Anvil Preview: 5 Questions With NY1’s Pat Kiernan

PRSay

In addition to delivering the news each day, you also recently wrote a children’s book, “Good Morning, City.” Well, I’ll tell you one lesson from the book — and children’s book authors have to be ridiculously disciplined with this — is that I had 153 words to tell my story. And the other lesson in that is: Know your audience.

Wireless 102
article thumbnail

What journalists need from PR pitches

Presspage

If you are sending a press release, make sure it includes all the relevant information and a couple of jargon-free quotes that talk about why this is important for consumers or a wider community – not for the company or organization. If the image is to go into print, it needs to be at least 1MB. Personalize your PR pitches.

article thumbnail

Can I Have a Word? Five, Actually

Waxing UnLyrical

The inimitable Jay Baer will join us (have you read my review of his new book, Youtility ? 4: Who’s on a Washington Business Journal list? This happened this past Friday, when I found out I’d been included (at #3) on a Washington Business Journal list of “ 10 CEOs to follow on Twitter.” In a good way.

article thumbnail

PRoust Questionnaire: Helen Slater

PR Conversations

It is a long-running and successful campaign that still resonates in our New Zealand community. He has a knack of making me laugh out loud, which I don’t normally do with humorous books. To leave the field of interior design and go into journalism–that eventually led me into PR. Where would you most like to practise PR?