Remove 2013 Remove Community Remove Creativity Remove Writing
article thumbnail

How the New York Public Library’s Blog Mobilizes Communities

Cision

And for nonprofit organizations on a budget, blogging can often be the most effective way to engage and mobilize communities. I encourage people to write whatever inspires them, and often this does have a natural timeliness (“my favorite TV show just ended, I want to write a post about books that are similar in theme.”).

Community 120
article thumbnail

Creative Storytelling: Picture This: It’s Not Just the Words – It’s What You Do with Them

Waxing UnLyrical

The great Brian Solis, who I had the pleasure of seeing live in 2013 as keynote speaker at the PRSA’s International Conference, recently published this article on LinkedIn about creative storytelling. ” So not only do we have to be creative, but we also must prove our value – each and every time. (Oh,

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Successful Libya Build 2013 Highlights Potential For a Bright Future

Waxing UnLyrical

The actions of individuals, in their communities, control how their neighborhood evolves. But, despite the fact that the lack of law enforcement does provide space for criminals and those who wish to impose their view of the world to operate , it also allows the entrepreneurial, the creative and the free spirited, an opportunity as well.

article thumbnail

I Sold PR 20/20, but That’s Just the Start of the Story

PR 20/20

Blue Cypress is also the lead investor in our sister company, Marketing AI Institute , which raised a $1M seed round earlier this year to help advance the understanding and adoption of artificial intelligence within the marketing industry and broader business community. We all get to write our own story of how AI will impact us.

article thumbnail

I Sold PR 20/20, but That’s Just the Start of the Story

PR 20/20

Blue Cypress is also the lead investor in our sister company, Marketing AI Institute , which raised a $1M seed round earlier this year to help advance the understanding and adoption of artificial intelligence within the marketing industry and broader business community. We all get to write our own story of how AI will impact us.

article thumbnail

The Extra Mile PR Strategy: Wow Your Customers

Doctor Spin

Here’s a list of creative PR activities that can help your organisation stand out, engage customers, and encourage them to share their positive experiences with others. Offer pro bono services to a non-profit organisation in your community. Write a white paper or research report on a topic related to your industry.

article thumbnail

Volunteers Make The World Go Round: Communicating Effectively for Impact

Waxing UnLyrical

Evidence of volunteerism’s physical effects can be found in a study from Carnegie Mellon University, published in 2013 in Psychology and Aging. This is the start of building a real community. Of course, you will be communicating on social media. Develop a sense of community. Write them REAL thank you notes.