Remove 2011 Remove Community Remove Internal Remove Measurement
article thumbnail

Case Study: Blogger Outreach for Oxfam America’s International Women’s Day 2012 Campaign

Waxing UnLyrical

One of the most fun projects I’ve worked on recently was Oxfam America’s (OA) International Women’s Day (IWD) 2012 campaign. And as they opted in (hopefully) to be communicated to by the organization, OA would be able to convert them to evangelists for OA’s work and donors to the organization. The project.

article thumbnail

Bad PR Measurement Gets a Smackdown

Waxing UnLyrical

for the last few days, speaking on measurement at the 2011 Oregon Governor's Conference on Tourism. when I'd be speaking on measurement. So I asked my good friend and measurement guru Sean Williams to guest-moderate the chat. 55 minutes of near universal agreement that there’s too much crappy measurement out there , and.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Bringing Open Community To Public Relations

Waxing UnLyrical

Because if there’s one thing I believe takes public relations from good to great, it’s when your audiences start becoming your community through the relationships you develop with them. But I was curious to see how Maddie and Lindy perceived not just Open Community , but its juxtaposition with public relations.

article thumbnail

2010s: The decade defined by impact

Karen Freberg

2011 marked the moment I became Dr. Freberg 2.0 (Mom Great colleagues, students, community, school, and area. I started getting actively involved in researching in social media back in 2008, but the first time I had the chance to teach social media was back in 2011. I am proud to see these communities come together so well.

article thumbnail

Future of PR: 2020 edition

Stephen Waddington

He published a paper called PR 2020 on behalf of the CIPR in 2011 that examined the future of PR. There are long standing issues such as alignment with management, measurement, talent and diversity where incremental progress is made each year. The #FuturePRoof community goes from strength-to-strength. It’s a work in progress.

article thumbnail

Industry Consolidation Continues Among PR Vendors; PR Tech Sum: Onclusive, SocialChorus, Teletrax, iQ Media, Agility PR Solutions

Sword and the Script

I’ll include news from the PR vendor community and review and curate content they produce ( like this ). Onclusive is developing new ways to measure PR including attribution. Crunchbase says iQ Media raised $9 million in venture funding in two rounds since 2011 from Edison Partners, which had also backed Vocus. all 210 U.S.

article thumbnail

MeasurePR Enters 2012

Waxing UnLyrical

So the chat was a community chat or, as I like to call them, a fireside chat. What folks felt were their biggest measurement successes of 2011: and. Inside PR did an interview with me when I was at the PRSA International Conference last year, and it’s finally up, in case you’d like to have a listen.