Remove 2010 Remove Community Remove Local Remove Writing
article thumbnail

Winning better relations with the community

PR Conversations

His career also involved posts as former assistant to the president and public relations member of the Policy Committee at Ford Motor Company, and he was one of the creators and first director of The Dayton Plan of community and employee relations originated in the Dayton Divisions of General Motors Corporation.

article thumbnail

Winning better relations with the community

PR Conversations

His career also involved posts as former assistant to the president and public relations member of the Policy Committee at Ford Motor Company, and he was one of the creators and first director of The Dayton Plan of community and employee relations originated in the Dayton Divisions of General Motors Corporation.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Reflexivity Memo on PR practice from craft skills to education. A case of ‘plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose’.

PR Conversations

As a passionate advocate of reflective practice and lifelong learning, it’s always useful to look back at my previous writing/thinking. Craft skills in 2008 – such as writing or editing – were an entry point for many, expected by employers, and readily supplied by educational institutions.

article thumbnail

The sunsetting of one of Minnesota’s most successful all-time blogs–the MN PR Blog

Communications Conversations

So, I thought it was worth commemorating since the MN PR Blog has been an instrumental part of the local PR community for 15+ years. I wanted to get some additional flavor for what the MN PR Blog meant to people in our industry, so I asked some colleagues and leaders in local Minneapolis/St. This is a pretty big moment.

article thumbnail

The Value of Strategic Communications in the PRSA MBA/Business School Program

PRSay

Nearly a decade ago, the PRSA Foundation sponsored research that found only 23 percent of graduate business schools consistently provide instruction in reputation management, corporate communications and related ethical dimensions. Students write about a current event and critique the assessment. Faculty talk trends and current events.

article thumbnail

The Extra Mile PR Strategy: Wow Your Customers

Doctor Spin

Offer pro bono services to a non-profit organisation in your community. Write a white paper or research report on a topic related to your industry. Write a white paper or research report on a topic related to your industry. Partner with a local influencer to promote your business on social media. Kaplan Publishing.

article thumbnail

How September 11 Impacted PR and Email Communications

wiredPRworks

In 2012, I wrote an update on a previous post with thoughts on how the September 11 attacks immediately reshaped community, public relations and communications. Reflecting on How 9/11 Immediately Impacted Community PR and Communications. We needed to find ways to communicate quickly, accurately and effectively.