article thumbnail

8 Questions with Syracuse University’s Sports Legend, Michael Veley

Critical Mention

To say Michael Veley embodies sports is an understatement. Falk Center for Sport Management spanning more than two decades is, in a word, impressive. Which 3 tips do you have for anyone trying to break into the sports PR/marketing world? Passion and an insatiable appetite for sports; 2. By Robin Gelfenbien.

Sports 60
article thumbnail

Blue Ocean Global Technology Interviews Casey Boggs of ReputationUs

Reputation Us

Rather, this management position is a hybrid, involving HR, operations, technology, finance, customer service, community affairs, and marketing. How an organization responds before, during, and after a cyber incident will likely impact customer and public perceptions, strengthening or weakening trust with the target audience.

article thumbnail

More on PR2020: social media activism, internal comms resurgence, storytelling and professionalism

Stephen Waddington

It is almost a sport on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Most brands have learnt that the customer service or reputational impact of the occasion rogue tweet isn’t worth the cost of 24/7 social media management. Brand shaming has become commonplace.

article thumbnail

A Night at the 40th Annual Totem Awards

Barokas

VICIS is a sports technology company focused on developing highly engineered helmets that improve protection and performance. We managed The Shop’s social platforms, which became the company’s main channel for customer service. Our team’s work generated over 1.2 billion media impressions for VICIS. Social Media – The Shop.

article thumbnail

Recap Part I: #PRStudChat Discusses PR Education & Learning

Deirdre Breakenridge

As Karen Freberg, a social media professor and guru, tweeted, social media class “can serve as a bridge for other majors like sports, business, etc.” I agree wholeheartedly with Natalie Tindall’s tweet, “For students at universities with many PR classes, you’re lucky. How has your PR education prepared you for your career?

Education 150
article thumbnail

The Most Recommended PR Tech Vendors [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

She joined the company as a sales associate in 1987 and before her promotion served as the company’s chief customer service officer. 6) Briefs from PR tech Here are a few more announcements from the PR tech community recently: “Annual spending on media intelligence solutions for public relations professionals increased 7.2%

article thumbnail

Summer Travel: How PR & Comms Are Helping Drive Demand

Burrelles Fresh Ideas

Almost every family I talk to (either at work, kids’ sporting events or schools) plans to take a week-long vacation this summer. People enjoy activities such as swimming, sunbathing, water sports, and beachside relaxation. What I’m reading in the press and hearing on the morning shows tends to back this up.

Travel 40