Remove 2011 Remove Community Remove Interviews Remove Measurement
article thumbnail

Bringing Open Community To Public Relations

Waxing UnLyrical

Because if there’s one thing I believe takes public relations from good to great, it’s when your audiences start becoming your community through the relationships you develop with them. But I was curious to see how Maddie and Lindy perceived not just Open Community , but its juxtaposition with public relations.

article thumbnail

Social Media Education: Q&A with the CEO of the National Institute for Social Media (NISM)

Deirdre Breakenridge

Here’s my interview with the CEO and co-owner, Jennifer Radk e, on social media education and her vision for the NISM. The National Institute for Social Media (NISM) was started in 2011 in response to a growing issue companies were having in identifying skilled candidates in the area of social media.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Shaping My World In 2011: Tackling The Triangle

Waxing UnLyrical

While I’m not calling them my un-resolutions, here’s what I will try to do more – or less – of in 2011. In 2011, I would like to see WUL really take flight; not just from a content point of view, but continue to expand and become a landing pad for global voices of public relations and social media.

article thumbnail

Measuring Public Relations Outcomes With Seth Duncan

Waxing UnLyrical

“Business outcomes tend to have two qualities in common; first, they have to be a measure of behavioral change (sales or otherwise); and second, as a metric, business outcomes must make sense/be recognizable across an organization.&# “PR outcomes usually refer to any end results of the communication campaign.

article thumbnail

Measurement… Supplemented

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali Measurement… Supplemented October 22nd, 2010 Tweet Last week, Priya Ramesh, CRT/tanaka ‘s director of social media, joined us for the bi-weekly #measurePR chat. Sales of what?

article thumbnail

The Extra Mile PR Strategy: Wow Your Customers

Doctor Spin

He argues that founders should not underestimate the power of compound growth and should measure their startup’s progress through weekly growth rates. In 2011, a Twitter user jokingly tweeted to Morton’s Steakhouse asking if they could meet him at the airport with a steak when he landed. 2011, August 19).

article thumbnail

Get PR Measurement Off The Island

Waxing UnLyrical

Is measurement lost? I didn’t think I’d get back into the blogging saddle for a few days yet, but I couldn’t help it when I read this excellent post from Nick Lucido on the problem with PR measurement. The biggest problem with measurement is a lack of understanding of the basic principles of this art.