Remove 2009 Remove Community Remove Marketing Remove Web
article thumbnail

Bringing Open Community To Public Relations

Waxing UnLyrical

Because if there’s one thing I believe takes public relations from good to great, it’s when your audiences start becoming your community through the relationships you develop with them. But I was curious to see how Maddie and Lindy perceived not just Open Community , but its juxtaposition with public relations.

article thumbnail

Influence or Popularity? Examining Influencer Marketing

Sword and the Script

Such traditional marketing examples – the influence of young people on consumer sales – demonstrates that influence in the sense of marketing is highly contextual and therefore difficult to universally define. Recently, KPS Digital, a marketing organization in the UK, named me to a list of the Top 100 Influencers in Content Marketing.

article thumbnail

Four Free Digital Marketing Tools for Non-Profits

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali Four Free Digital Marketing Tools for Non-Profits January 24th, 2011 Tweet Guest post by Erica Holt These are frugal days, and everyone loves getting and writing about free stuff. Why do I like it?

Tools 99
article thumbnail

Industry Consolidation Continues Among PR Vendors; PR Tech Sum: Onclusive, SocialChorus, Teletrax, iQ Media, Agility PR Solutions

Sword and the Script

I’ll include news from the PR vendor community and review and curate content they produce ( like this ). The company has raised $37 million in venture capital, in four rounds of funding since 2009, according to Crunchbase. Marketing technology company 4C has acquired a stake in TV media monitoring company, iQ Media.

article thumbnail

How Pink Panties Heralded India's Social Media Movement

Waxing UnLyrical

In the Indian context, the web has begun to move beyond a media genre that was no different in terms of interruption when compared to conventional media like television and radio. As privacy and choice gained momentum, permission-based Internet activity has led to what we now describe as the social web.

article thumbnail

Highlights from the State of Blogging in 2017 Survey

Sword and the Script

It’s easy to believe there are a million marketing blogs but that’s just not true. If you blog about marketing – especially with any semblance of frequency – you are in fact among a fair small group. Marketing ranked sixth, which I’d have guessed would have ranked higher. A Simple Measure of Marketing Many Businesses Miss.

Survey 60
article thumbnail

How Google Instant Might Impact Your Small Non-Profit

Waxing UnLyrical

Image: Greig Christie via Flickr, Creative Commons Since Google Instant’s launch just over a month ago, digital marketers have been scrambling to figure out how search engine marketing strategies might need to change. So far, early research indicates little difference in the length of searches since Google Instant.)

Google 101