Remove 2013 Remove Community Remove Employee Remove Writing
article thumbnail

Three cardinal rules of PR that Adidas broke with Kanye West

NewsWhip

In the days immediately following, West unleashed a torrent of anti-Semitic comments on social media, culminating in his appearance on Drink Champs, a hip-hop community podcast on October 16, where he said: “I can say anti-Semitic things, and Adidas can’t drop me. Adidas shouldn’t have signed West in 2013. Now what?” .

article thumbnail

Less publicized but more interesting takeaways from 3 reports on marketing and PR

Sword and the Script

The vendor community that serves PR has published a handful of reports over the last few months. ” I first heard the term in 2013, but it’s grown increasingly popular, because marketing people like to give new names to traditional concepts. What exactly is that?

Report 106
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

This Semrush Acquisition of Backlinko hits PR, SEO and Content Marketing Trifecta [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

Here’s another one: In 2013, the trade publication Bulldog Reporter was about to shutter after 30 years of covering PR news. Second, these weren’t just emails lists from downloaded content – but communities of engaged readers. Never mind the Great Resignation” writes FirstUp , “Welcome to the Great Gigification.”.

SEO 132
article thumbnail

I Sold PR 20/20, but That’s Just the Start of the Story

PR 20/20

Blue Cypress is also the lead investor in our sister company, Marketing AI Institute , which raised a $1M seed round earlier this year to help advance the understanding and adoption of artificial intelligence within the marketing industry and broader business community. That tagline has never been more relevant than it is today.

article thumbnail

The Extra Mile PR Strategy: Wow Your Customers

Doctor Spin

Southwest Airlines employees celebrate passenger’s 104th birthday. Offer pro bono services to a non-profit organisation in your community. Write a white paper or research report on a topic related to your industry. Write a guest blog post for a popular industry publication or website. 1 Do Things that Don’t Scale.

article thumbnail

I Sold PR 20/20, but That’s Just the Start of the Story

PR 20/20

Blue Cypress is also the lead investor in our sister company, Marketing AI Institute , which raised a $1M seed round earlier this year to help advance the understanding and adoption of artificial intelligence within the marketing industry and broader business community. That tagline has never been more relevant than it is today.

article thumbnail

Volunteers Make The World Go Round: Communicating Effectively for Impact

Waxing UnLyrical

Your nonprofit, your employees, the cause and the volunteers themselves! Evidence of volunteerism’s physical effects can be found in a study from Carnegie Mellon University, published in 2013 in Psychology and Aging. This is the start of building a real community. Of course, you will be communicating on social media.