Remove 2010 Remove Community Remove Creativity Remove Web
article thumbnail

How the New York Public Library’s Blog Mobilizes Communities

Cision

And for nonprofit organizations on a budget, blogging can often be the most effective way to engage and mobilize communities. Centrally, we have a cross-departmental weekly engagement meeting—representatives from marketing, homepage, media, web, programs—to plan what content to promote. How can you add value to them?

Community 120
article thumbnail

Monday Roundup: Thanksgiving

Waxing UnLyrical

So this week, we’re featuring seven posts from around the web that put the spotlight on the holiday, how it’s been impacted in modern times, and giving thanks. Why: In this very personal WUL post from 2010, I take a look at what, for me, makes Thanksgiving remarkable. community from me and mine.

article thumbnail

How Google Instant Might Impact Your Small Non-Profit

Waxing UnLyrical

Image: Greig Christie via Flickr, Creative Commons Since Google Instant’s launch just over a month ago, digital marketers have been scrambling to figure out how search engine marketing strategies might need to change. Bing, Nielsen recently reported , received nearly 14 percent of search traffic in August 2010. received 13 percent.

Google 101
article thumbnail

Dealmaking Sizzles Again Among PR Software Providers and Here Comes Another Side Dish of Generative AI for Comms [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

Here’s this month’s summary of the news from the vendor community this month. He “held the same position at Falcon.io, a company he founded in 2010. My last PR tech sum went up in early November – and there’s a lot that happened between then and now. I’ve teased the deals in the headline, but there are a lot of AI happenings in PR too.

article thumbnail

The Old “New Media” and Marketing Tools with Novel Twists [UML]

Sword and the Script

If audio search isn’t enough of a new twist on an old web habit, welcome to visual search. Indeed, I maintain a pin board for this blog along with other topics that interest me including B2B marketing , creative marketing stunts , and of course scuba diving and skydiving , among many others. NZ, Passing Time 2010 ( Public Domain ) .

Tools 60
article thumbnail

Weekly Roundup: Paloozas And Palominos

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali Weekly Roundup: Paloozas And Palominos November 7th, 2010 Tweet Apparently a “palooza&# is an “ exaggerated event.&# In other words, something very unusual. Palomino wins this round.

article thumbnail

Measurement… Supplemented

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali Measurement… Supplemented October 22nd, 2010 Tweet Last week, Priya Ramesh, CRT/tanaka ‘s director of social media, joined us for the bi-weekly #measurePR chat. It’s pretty good.