article thumbnail

The Marketing Power of Wikipedia: 8 Tips for PR Pros

MaccaPR

As PR and marketing professionals – and consumers – we often forget about the sheer power and influence that Wikipedia has on our daily lives. Wikipedia is a permanent part of our public culture. All jokes aside, Wikipedia does have a distinct influence on the business community. Facebook relies on Wikipedia.

Wikipedia 101
article thumbnail

The Hidden Arena PR Strategy: Your Key to Mobilising Change Agents

Doctor Spin

. "Activist Backend") for Amplification How To Boost the Hidden Arena by Pooling Resources Common Mistakes To Avoid When Establishing a Hidden Arena Litterature List PR Resource: Typical Social Group Sizes PR Resource: How To Write a 1-Page Strategy What Are Activists (and What Are Their Driving Forces)? In Wikipedia.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

How To Create a Simple Facebook Messenger Bot

Cision

Jes Stiles of Search Engine Journal writes that “Facebook Messenger is the most attractive platform on which to run bots for marketers…due to 1 billion monthly active users, payment, and advertiser integration, as well as a healthy developer ecosystem.” Estee Lauder is using Messenger bots for a mascara sales campaign.

Facebook 120
article thumbnail

CIPR CPD completed – easy, fun, free

Stuart Bruce

You’ve got to write 150 words (a minimum of 50 under three different headings) for every CPD activity. But you can get five points for reading short best practice guides or even case studies and it takes me almost as long to think about and write the 150 words as it did to do the activity in the first place!

article thumbnail

28 Observations from 28 Months as a Solo PR

ZudePR

When I’m not doing a good job for clients, I write about digital PR/marketing for publications including Social Media Examiner , SEMRush , PR Daily , PR Moment , MuckRack , and Business2Community. Spot on, Wikipedia. 4: Get Involved in Communities I’m a runner. Take notes (yes, write in your book). Sharing, and doing.

article thumbnail

#19: Building a framework for reputation management

NewsWhip

Chris Rivera: Well, Ben, the unfortunate part is when I went to college, I studied technical writing. By the way, for anyone that doesn’t know what technical writing is, don’t worry. Chris: So if anyone’s behind a computer right now, we can all go to Wikipedia, right? And we can see, what does Wikipedia say?

article thumbnail

Is Pay-to-Post Blogging The New Advertorial?

Waxing UnLyrical

Image: jbcurio via Flickr , Creative Commons For the few who don’t know or recall, an “ advertorial is an advertisement written in the form of an objective article, and presented in a printed publication – usually designed to look like a legitimate and independent news story,” according to Wikipedia. Here’s the thing. Its almost sad.