Remove 2023 Remove Community Remove Journalism Remove Writing
article thumbnail

Journalism statistics: 7 media relations takeaways from the 2023 State of the Media Report by Cision

Sword and the Script

A survey of 3,000+ finds 75% of journalists say the top action any PR person can take is to understand a reporter’s target audience and what they find relevant; journalism statistics show reporters worry about accuracy, credibility and keeping pace amid more work and fewer resources Most PR professionals say media relations is getting harder.

article thumbnail

The top 10 most-read blog posts on Sword and the Script in 2023

Sword and the Script

In 2023, the 14 th year of publishing, I published 50 blog posts. 3 benchmarks for your B2B marketing budget as a percentage of revenue Several credible studies conducted in 2023 put the average benchmark for B2B marketing budgets at about 10% of revenue. Here are the top 10 most-read posts from the last 12 months.

Blogging 114
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The 22 Responsibilities of PR and What They Entail

Onclusive

Originally Published August 23, 2017; Updated August 9, 2021 ; Updated November 2023 PR is always evolving. Whether you’re a new PR assistant or the Director of Communications, the core of your job revolves around using news and content to put forth your brand’s desired messaging.

Training 195
article thumbnail

What does generative AI use in PR look like? [PR Tech Sum No. 45]

Sword and the Script

Just 28% of 1,034 PR professionals surveyed by Muck Rack in March and April 2023 say they are using generative AI (gAI). The survey found: 57% are crafting pitches; 48% are writing copy for social media; 48% are writing press releases; 44% are using it for research; and 25% say they are using it for strategy and planning.

Survey 146
article thumbnail

Ahead of the Academy Awards, Marketing Wisdom From the ‘Barbie’ Blockbuster

PRSay

The film’s implications for communicators Few movie campaigns have left as powerful a mark as the strategic collaboration between Warner Bros. and Mattel for the 2023 “Barbie” movie. This retrospective examination could offer key learnings for those in the field.

Film 129
article thumbnail

MOVE is Mobility Reimagined: 5 Reasons to Attend the #1 Urban Mobility Show

Bianchi Biz Blog

Having welcomed 3000 attendees, 200 exhibitors and 650 speakers in 2023, we are excited for the turn out for 2024. You will enjoy unparalleled opportunities for fun and networking with the MOVE community at the MOVEGroove and MOVE AFTERPARY. 5 REASONS TO ATTEND MOVE: 1.

Mobile 88
article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Cristina Commendatore, Editor in Chief of FleetOwner

Bianchi Biz Blog

That was my first experience really using social media and the publication’s website to break news and keep residents in the community informed. In my role today, the most fun stories I get to write come from test-driving trucks. We plan on turning this series into a podcast in 2023, and that is something I am really excited about.

Meeting 59