Remove 2016 Remove Community Remove Creativity Remove Storytelling
article thumbnail

More on PR2020: social media activism, internal comms resurgence, storytelling and professionalism

Stephen Waddington

There were some clear misses in my original essay: social media activism, internal communications, storytelling and professionalism in PR. Workplace, launched as a commercial product in 2016, applies all the learnings from the consumer product to a private enterprise environment. I’ve developed each of these themes below.

article thumbnail

Creative Communications: Lessons from Health and Wellness Brands

Waxing UnLyrical

These messages are tired and far from creative. These communication approaches popup from healthcare companies, to athletic wear, to fitness apps. When the masses are using the same communication strategies, it’s time to stop and pause. When the masses are using the same communication strategies, it’s time to stop and pause.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Top skills of the 2022 social media professional–as told by the people doing the actual work

Communications Conversations

I wrote a post back in 2016 about the 10 skills the PR pro of the future will need to have. Creativity – the ability to think outside the box and quickly for those time sensitive opportunities. Storytelling is the underlining theme for social media pros. Community management. It takes time to build a brand, a voice, etc.

article thumbnail

Solo PR FPRA 2016 Conference Recap

Solo PR Pro

Last week some of the members of the Solo PR PRO community joined us in Tampa Bay, Florida for our main event of 2016. Cheers to another great conference where the Solo PR community learned, laughed, and broke bread together. Become the Storytelling Hero: Literally! Lisa Gerber, Founder, Big Leap Creative.

article thumbnail

7 #PR Lessons in 2015

Deirdre Breakenridge

Rather than share my New Year’s resolutions or point out the latest trends in PR for 2016, I’ve decided to share my thoughts about some important lessons this past year. Think about what has stopped you from making the smallest change to your next big, bold move, and make 2016 your year of reinvention. Here are the 7 lessons: 1.

article thumbnail

Own Your Idea, Grow Your Audience with Storytelling [Case Study]

PR 20/20

PR 20/20 launched Marketing Artificial Intelligence Institute in November 2016 with the mission to make AI more approachable and actionable for modern marketers. Brands will need to become more human with greater resources dedicated to listening, relationship building, ethics, empathy, creativity, culture and community.

article thumbnail

Adapting Strategies for Effective Storytelling in the Social Media Era

PRSay

What is unique about my position is that I sit within the our Portland Newsroom – consisting of our PR, Social and Analytics team – so I work hand in hand with my PR leads, Social Strategists, Community Managers and Analytics lead. This could be a great way for storytellers to communicate their messages to the right audiences in real time.