Remove 2013 Remove Community Remove Local Remove Writing
article thumbnail

The Two Most Effective Media Relations Tactics for 2013

Journalistics

In this post, I’ll share what I believe to be the two most effective media relations tactics for 2013 (hint: it’s all about inbound and real-time). Before I get to the two most effective media relations tactics for 2013, let’s agree that the smile and dial approach doesn’t work anymore.

article thumbnail

The Extra Mile PR Strategy: Wow Your Customers

Doctor Spin

Offer pro bono services to a non-profit organisation in your community. Write a white paper or research report on a topic related to your industry. Write a white paper or research report on a topic related to your industry. Partner with a local influencer to promote your business on social media. Portfolio/Penguin.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Successful Startup Story: Fresh and Fluffy Natural Dry Dog Shampoo

Waxing UnLyrical

Their placement on this outlet is in keeping with WUL’s tradition of sharing causes for good and businesses doing good through community engagement, locally and around the world. The business was consistent, slow, and consistently slow until 2013. Pete: RedShift Writers, a local business messaging firm, led the charge.

Local 95
article thumbnail

(Ad)vice: 3 Marketers at Controversial Companies Explain Their Methods

Contently - Strategy

In 2013, Andreas Johansson launched a new vodka for a celebrity who knows a thing or two about controversy. A post shared by Dennis Rodman – Bad Ass Vodka (@badassvodka) on Dec 3, 2013 at 12:11pm PST. To change that perception, PokerStars started by celebrating big winners locally , away from a computer screen.

Company 78
article thumbnail

The Present & Future Tech Trends PRs Should Prepare For

Cision

For example, the ongoing globalization of the Internet and expansion to more rural audiences is already emerged for organizations with international operations, but barely emerging and not very important for a restaurant that does only local business. Right now, the biggest focus is on writing and presenting content for mobile consumption.

Trends 120
article thumbnail

LinkedIn Pulse: The Next Content Marketing Must-Have?

MaccaPR

Preceding its $90 million acquisition by LinkedIn back in 2013, Pulse was a news-aggregator app that curated your favorite publications and news sources and presented them in a Flipboard-type manner. Rebranding to “LinkedIn Pulse” in late 2013 , the app has quickly become a key part of making LinkedIn a content marketing machine.

article thumbnail

Interview with Influencers @laurenmagenta and @feedmedearly

5W PR

These influencers take their personal brand seriously and like brands, are working to further grow and develop their digital community. I had a cooking show in college and was writing a weekly recipe for the newspaper, so food was always my thing. laurenmagenta: I was working full-time at Martha Stewart right out of college.