Remove 2011 Remove Community Remove Crisis Remove Crisis Communications
article thumbnail

Remembering how 9/11 Changed the World – and Communications

wiredPRworks

Twenty years ago, today, we remember how 9/11 changed the world – and communications. Reflecting on How 9/11 Immediately Impacted Community PR and Communications. We needed to find ways to communicate quickly, accurately and effectively. Backpack communications was the most reliable and quick route to homes.

article thumbnail

4 Corporate Communications Lessons From Hurricane Harvey

PRSay

In corporate settings, outside crisis management experts can use their mental and physical distance from a crisis to see it clearly. Similarly, companies can anticipate many of the resources they’ll need if a crisis strikes. The middle of a crisis is the wrong time to find the right resources. Find your allies.

Corporate 108
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Remembering how 9/11 Changed the World – and Communications

wiredPRworks

Twenty years ago, today, we remember how 9/11 changed the world – and communications. Reflecting on How 9/11 Immediately Impacted Community PR and Communications. We needed to find ways to communicate quickly, accurately and effectively. Backpack communications was the most reliable and quick route to homes.

article thumbnail

Bringing Open Community To Public Relations

Waxing UnLyrical

Because if there’s one thing I believe takes public relations from good to great, it’s when your audiences start becoming your community through the relationships you develop with them. But I was curious to see how Maddie and Lindy perceived not just Open Community , but its juxtaposition with public relations.

article thumbnail

Discovering the Roadmap in Teaching Social Media

Deirdre Breakenridge

In 2011, I was hired at the University of Louisville as an assistant professor in strategic communications and one of the main tasks I was asked to do was to create a new social media class to offer not only to our students in our department but for the university as well. How did I get started teaching social media?

article thumbnail

Maximising resilience of health and well-being assets in crisis situations

PR Conversations

The following is the result of our subsequent shared musings concerning the impact of crisis situations on the health and well-being of public relations practitioners. In an ongoing crisis, operating on adrenaline for a prolonged period of time can be – and is often – physically and mentally harmful.

Crisis 63
article thumbnail

Back to School! 3 Solo PR Pros on Becoming an Adjunct Instructor

Solo PR Pro

Courses may be as broad as Principles of PR or PR Campaigns, or as focused as Working with Influencers, Crisis Communications or Nonprofit PR.” I started teaching at UCI in 2011, with a five-week, online course focused on using social media for business development. I've taught at NU since 2011.

Education 107