Remove 2010 Remove Community Remove Interviews Remove Pitching
article thumbnail

How the New York Public Library’s Blog Mobilizes Communities

Cision

And for nonprofit organizations on a budget, blogging can often be the most effective way to engage and mobilize communities. Get our free “2015 Nonprofit PR Kit” filled with content creation tips, pitching tips and more! Our biggest growth spurt was 150 percent between 2010 and 2011. Are you a nonprofit?

Community 120
article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Vince Bond, Reporter at Automotive News

Bianchi Biz Blog

What advice do you have for PR people that want to pitch you? Don’t pitch story ideas, pitch sources. One day, I might pop up with an interview request when I feel they’re a good fit. It would have to be the PR folks who send mass emails with irrelevant pitches. Any pet peeves with PR people?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Is Public Relations Management a Technology? [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

In an interview with PRWeek, the company likened it to a CRM for PR. Around 2010, I worked for a PR software vendor that occasionally rattled the CRM idea, but it never really got traction in the market. The company says a centralized tool that links these things together will present a complete picture of media relations activity.

article thumbnail

The sunsetting of one of Minnesota’s most successful all-time blogs–the MN PR Blog

Communications Conversations

So, I thought it was worth commemorating since the MN PR Blog has been an instrumental part of the local PR community for 15+ years. Ryan posted interviews with key PR leaders. ” Joel Swanson, vice president-marketing & communications, Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union. This is a pretty big moment. job postings.

article thumbnail

MeasurePR: Paywalls, Pitches And Prognoses

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali MeasurePR: Paywalls, Pitches And Prognoses December 23rd, 2010 Tweet On Wednesday, we held this year’s last #measurePR Twitterchat. Reply Rate Up div.livefyre-comment).removeClass(livefyre-hidden)"

article thumbnail

Dealmaking Sizzles Again Among PR Software Providers and Here Comes Another Side Dish of Generative AI for Comms [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

Here’s this month’s summary of the news from the vendor community this month. Universal Information Systems pitches itself as a “concierge service” for all things media monitoring. There are several that pitch generative AI to marketers for creating blog posts. The company raised $6.2

article thumbnail

PR Winners: The Best Stories of 2018

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

They knew the press would want fresh faces for interviews, so they organized a deep bench of media-savvy spokespersons and messages for journalists and news crews. There was no apparent hesitation, no poll-tested apologies, no mealy-mouthed mea culpa, just a corporate statement that was pitch-perfect.

Fashion 255