Remove 2010 Remove Community Remove Company Remove Print
article thumbnail

Is Public Relations Management a Technology? [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

A handful of companies that make software for public relations are staking a claim on the term. It wasn’t funny then, but I can smile now remember how the company executives would nearly breakdown every time a reporter labeled it a “customer relationship database.” In an interview with PRWeek, the company likened it to a CRM for PR.

article thumbnail

#PR Expanded [Guest Post]: Drawn To The Spotlight, Part 1

Deirdre Breakenridge

In this two-part series, I will share with you how some people are naturally drawn to the spotlight, and what companies can do to harness that talent to engage their customers to drive sales. During the call Gini asked me, “If you were to do it again, would you grow your social media community on LinkedIn?”. It’s in their DNA.

YouTube 150
article thumbnail

Reputation on social media – Comms must own it or lose it

NewsWhip

Companies, like people, need a minimum threshold of reputation to operate in society. If everyone believes a company is cooking their books, ruining the environment, abusing their staff, burning their suppliers, they’ll soon lose customers, staff, and, in regulated industries, their literal license to operate. No More Heroes Any More.

article thumbnail

The Influence of Influencers: Ways Healthcare Brands Can Leverage Their Impact

Cision

The report is drawn from tracking four months’ worth of social and electronic print media related to the topic, from January to April 2015. The anti-vaccine community has had to shift their loyalties over time. That study was discredited by 2004 and fully investigated and retracted by 2010. From Asset to Liability.

article thumbnail

Dealmaking Sizzles Again Among PR Software Providers and Here Comes Another Side Dish of Generative AI for Comms [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

Here’s this month’s summary of the news from the vendor community this month. Meltwater to become a private company upon completion of the transaction.” In March, Meltwater acquired Linkfluence , a French company that uses artificial intelligence to mine social media for consumer insights, for $59 million.

article thumbnail

The Essential Guide to Mass Communication: History, Methods, Ethics, and the Future

Masters in Communications

Mass communication is a subarea of communications studies in the US, and social science with some elements of physical science - especially when designing systems and technology to transmit messages. Typically, it is synonymous with broadcast and print media: radio, TV, and film (small and large screen), print media, and advertising.

Ethics 52
article thumbnail

The Old “New Media” and Marketing Tools with Novel Twists [UML]

Sword and the Script

However, other traditionally print new organizations – notably the Wall Street Journal and USA Today – got into the podcast game far earlier. The company says it’s 150 million users conducted two billion searches per month and have published 75 billion pins. Hence the saying, big companies is where good software goes to die.

Tools 60