Remove Communications Remove Community Remove Insurance Remove Local
article thumbnail

Future skills for public relations practitioners - World PR Day

Stephen Waddington

The COVID-19 Communications Advisory Panel report sets out critical skills for practitioners as society learns to live with COVID-19. I worked as part of a team of professional marketing and communications associations on behalf of the Government Communication Service at the outset of the crisis.

Publicity 199
article thumbnail

Customer Service Is The “New” PR

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

Apparently the staff of a nearby Costco opened their doors to helpless locals, handing out dry clothes and even dragging in furniture when the store itself started to take on water. The incident didn’t get a lot of attention, but you can bet it mattered to the people who count – the local community.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

9 things to consider before making the leap to being a solo PR consultant

Communications Conversations

But, for now, I thought I’d tap into one of the best communities I’m a part of: The #SoloPR Facebook Group. Or, if not in the same locale, have a virtual coffee with a solo professional then send them a gift card for Starbucks. — Jennifer Freeberg Frighetto, Frighetto Communications.

article thumbnail

Want To Tell Your Story? Tell Your Public Relations Firm

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

Recently, a client who met with staff in a remote office heard about a first-of-its-kind study being conducted by the local team in collaboration with a nearby university. This led to a story pitch unlike anything the client had done before, ultimately resulting in interest from the major paper in the community.

Publicity 149
article thumbnail

4 Solo PR Pros on How They Knew It Was The Right Time to Start Their Business

Solo PR Pro

If you're considering leaving a traditional agency or in-house communications gig to go out on your own, you probably have a lot on your mind. Learn from the experiences of: Kathy Casciani, Azul Communications. Elisa Smith, senior communications consultant. Is becoming a solo PR pro the right move for you?

Agency 108
article thumbnail

Our Team

Reputation Us

Before forming ReputationUs, Casey was president of LT Public Relations, directing the strategic communications efforts for corporations, financial institutions and public sector clients. Hutchison has served on many nonprofit boards, committees and community organizations and has a deep track record in leadership and civic engagement.

article thumbnail

Start-Up Advice from 22 Solo PR Pros

Solo PR Pro

We asked our Solo PR Pro community what advice they would give to someone about to start their solo business. – Terri Thornton , Owner, Thornton Communications. – Anne Isenhower , Principal, Anne Isenhower Communications, LLC. Local colleges partnerships. Stay True to Who You Are. Know How to Find Business.

Insurance 110