article thumbnail

What A Dog’s Cancer Taught Me About Community

Waxing UnLyrical

Suzy underwent a second surgery fairly quickly (the first was done less than a week after we first saw the tumor, to excise it from her mouth)—this second one was a “partial mandibulectomy ,” which means part of her jaw was removed to ensure there were no local cancer cells left. We are a community. Why should you care?

Community 105
article thumbnail

Future skills for public relations practitioners - World PR Day

Stephen Waddington

The report includes contributions from panel members, formed from leaders from across the UK communications industry. Companies that have invested in their local communities during the crisis continue to benefit from a reputational dividend. This is likely to be an issue on the corporate agenda for the next decade.

Publicity 199
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Customer Service Is The “New” PR

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

Apparently the staff of a nearby Costco opened their doors to helpless locals, handing out dry clothes and even dragging in furniture when the store itself started to take on water. The incident didn’t get a lot of attention, but you can bet it mattered to the people who count – the local community.

article thumbnail

Homebound? Turn Your Kids into Smart Voters

Scott Public Relations

Have they thought about getting health care insurance once they are no longer your dependents? When they were away at college, we sent them their mail-in ballots and information on local candidates that were on the ballot. Sign up to receive our monthly advice on healthcare, insurance and technology PR: Scott Public Relations.

article thumbnail

9 things to consider before making the leap to being a solo PR consultant

Communications Conversations

But, for now, I thought I’d tap into one of the best communities I’m a part of: The #SoloPR Facebook Group. Or, if not in the same locale, have a virtual coffee with a solo professional then send them a gift card for Starbucks. — Jennifer Freeberg Frighetto, Frighetto Communications.

article thumbnail

Will companies keep up the momentum around racial injustice–and what will it look like?

Communications Conversations

Paul businesses restore operations, and fund efforts to advance equality and inclusivity in the Twin Cities community. ” Target donated “$10 million commitment and ongoing resources to advance social justice and support rebuilding and recovery efforts in local communities.” Medtronic CEO, Geoff Martha.

Company 88
article thumbnail

Want To Tell Your Story? Tell Your Public Relations Firm

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

Recently, a client who met with staff in a remote office heard about a first-of-its-kind study being conducted by the local team in collaboration with a nearby university. This led to a story pitch unlike anything the client had done before, ultimately resulting in interest from the major paper in the community.

Publicity 149