Remove Communications Remove Community Remove Crisis Communications Remove Privacy
article thumbnail

Understanding the Defense Tech Industry and the Role of Public Relations

5W PR

Understanding their anxieties, priorities, and preferred communication channels is key to crafting targeted messaging that resonates. Crisis PR Unexpected events are unavoidable, especially in defense tech, where even small mistakes can have serious consequences. Each one of those stakeholders demands a tailored approach.

article thumbnail

Controlled Chaos: 86 Comms Pros Explain How Communications Work Has Changed

Sword and the Script

90% of comms pros surveyed say their work has changed some, and of those, 50% say communications work has changed significantly. Most communicators say the volume of work has grown, but so too has the variety of work. Those who said communications work has “changed very significantly,” wrote: 1. Proven business value.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Being of Service During COVID-19

Waxing UnLyrical

The sail thingies you see are a privacy screen, but apparently they are also perfect squirrel trampolines 😉 I was never a “bird person” growing up. Last week, for example, Dinean Robinson of Multiplying Good and I did a live Q&A, moderated by Alex Brown , on crisis communications for nonprofits.

article thumbnail

Learning From Past Crises to Navigate Post-COVID-19

Reputation Us

As the president of ReputationUs and with 28 years of experience behind me, I have been striving to refine the art of managing corporate reputations during a crisis into a well-honed specialty. You will see how good your communications, strategy, infrastructure and reputation are, and what needs to change. A: Listen.

Crisis 78
article thumbnail

People Are Not Props – Christie Goodman

Ethical Voices

Joining me on this week’s episode is Christie Goodman , the director of communication for the Intercultural Development Research Association. Everything we do is based on research and data and in concert with communities. That’s what we do in our community groups, too. People are not props. We elevate voices.

Ethics 79
article thumbnail

Stuck in the middle

PRSay

Focusing on internal communications allows me to help my organization and clients build their brands. Employee communications practitioners, by their very definition, have a focused audience. Our privileged status comes with tremendous responsibility to protect the company’s privacy and safeguard confidential information.

Ethics 60
article thumbnail

7 Lessons Every Marketer Can Learn From The CrossFit Instagram Crisis

MaccaPR

Here’s a question for PR and marketing pros: Which was the most significant corporate communications cri sis recently ? CRISIS LESSON #1: EVERYTHING YOU BELIEVE IS PRIVATE WILL BE SHARED PUBLICLY. CRISIS LESSON #4: IN AN ERA WITH NO PRIVACY, RESPECT YOUR CUSTOMERS’ PRIVACY. Hard to select just one, eh?