Remove 2012 Remove Community Remove Internal Remove Pitching
article thumbnail

Case Study: Blogger Outreach for Oxfam America’s International Women’s Day 2012 Campaign

Waxing UnLyrical

One of the most fun projects I’ve worked on recently was Oxfam America’s (OA) International Women’s Day (IWD) 2012 campaign. write their own blog post to promote IWD 2012. The eCard initiative was new for 2012, so there wasn’t a benchmark, say for 2011, to set goals against. And then we pitched.

article thumbnail

Why Sustainable Development is Important to Business

Landis PR

since 2012 and accounts for 18% of all assets in the wealth industry. If you do pitch sustainability to the media, be able to provide data on how these efforts have positively impacted your company. The press will look beyond initiatives and internal communications. In the U.S., it is even higher at 33%.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Vesna Brajkovic, Managing Editor of Heavy Duty Trucking & TruckingInfo.com

Bianchi Biz Blog

I’ve written a story at least once a week since 2012 when I walked into the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater’s independent, student-run newsroom unannounced asking for an assignment. It was an internal struggle deciding because I felt my heart was in community stories. What is the motive behind this pitch?

Meeting 81
article thumbnail

Privacy isn’t necessarily a good thing

Stephen Waddington

Zuckerberg’s pitch to rebuild trust between his organisation and its users is to lock down privacy. It erodes the ability to share stories, participate in public conversations, form communities and develop knowledge. Black Lives Matter is an international movement which began within the African American community.

Privacy 72
article thumbnail

7 Rules for a New Era of Communications

PRSay

Works like Daniel Kahneman’s “Thinking Fast and Slow” (2011) and Jonathan Haidt’s “The Righteous Mind” (2012) show that they — and our target audiences — are not. L’Oréal Paris stands in solidarity with the Black community, and against injustice of any kind. We need to educate ourselves and ask for feedback internally and externally.

article thumbnail

Adapting Strategies for Effective Storytelling in the Social Media Era

PRSay

For those who work in sports and entertainment PR, there are many areas of our practices we should be evaluating from how we pitch media in the social media era, to crafting captivating press releases, packaging media stories and effectively communicating our messages to the right audiences in real time.

article thumbnail

Entertainment & Sports Section New Member Spotlight

PRSay

Isabelle McLemore – Senior Director, Global Corporate Communications, UFC. Coming out of college I came across an opportunity as a communications intern at Tennis Canada. How do we want to engage people in the community so in the lead up to there is excitement, there’s fun? Whether it’s to tweak your pitch.

Sports 68