article thumbnail

The Importance of Community Relations in Healthcare

Landis PR

You probably don’t think about sponsored support groups, school educational campaigns or recruiting efforts…but these are all community relations efforts that are vital components to any integrated communications program in healthcare. AND, they provide an important service to the community.

article thumbnail

Research, Communication Crucial Before Collaborating With Influencers

PRSay

Professional communicators might encounter the same challenges when promoting their organizations via think tanks, academic intuitions, nonprofit organizations and traditional media. My love of the Navy and the communication community inspires me to candidly address this topic. You can find all of her work here.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

In Memoriam: Joe S. Epley, APR, Fellow PRSA

PRSay

The full-service firm represented a variety of clients ranging from Fortune 100 companies to local nonprofits, many of them clients for more than two decades. He was also a founding partner in Worldcom Public Relations Group, a network of independent firms that grew to include businesses in 35 countries.

Ethics 164
article thumbnail

Meet PRSA Board of Directors Nominee Jacqueline ‘Jackie’ Clark, APR, Fellow PRSA

PRSay

Region, Government Relations & Public Affairs. Alma mater: Undergrad: University of Missouri; Graduate: Hauptmann School of Public Affairs, Park University. You’re very active in several philanthropic and nonprofit organizations. Current job title: LafargeHolcim , Western U.S.

article thumbnail

Thoughts on Balancing Your Professional Work and Your Activism

PRSay

Some of us are fortunate to work for companies that tell employees to bring their whole selves to work, that invest in corporate social responsibility and that act as responsible members of their communities. Professionals should be faithful to those they represent, while also honoring their obligation to serve the public interest.

System 187
article thumbnail

Behind the Headlines With Travis Taylor

Cision

After I graduated, Safety Center Incorporated, the Sacramento, California nonprofit behind the initiative, hired me to implement the plan. I’m going to push the boundaries of what clients expect from a public relations agency. We got a lot of media coverage, and the program turned out to be a big success.

Nonprofit 120
article thumbnail

Transformational CSR: When a pro-bono client metamorphizes into a cultural change agent within an agency

Waxing UnLyrical

For most companies, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) means giving back to the surrounding community. Companies choose to give because it’s the right thing to do, and it directly impacts the communities in which their employees live and work. Dawn Buzynski leads the award-winning public relations team at Strategic America.

Agency 80