article thumbnail

This Week in PR Ethics (10/20/22): Favela Tours, Virtuous Radio Hosts, and Virus Research

Ethical Voices

This week there were a wide range of ethical issues from slum tourism to sensationalistic news to the importance of stakeholders. But my favorite is celebrating the positive, virtuous action by a radio station show host. The ethics of Favela tours – Fodor’s looks at the return of Favela Tours in Rio and asks – are they ethical?

Ethics 76
article thumbnail

The #PRStudChat Community Discusses PR, Twitter & Politics on Tuesday, October 11th

Deirdre Breakenridge

ET, the #PRStudChat Community will gather to discuss PR, Twitter and Politics from local cities to the state houses to the national government, all while reaching and communicating to a global audience focused on this year’s election. What is the impact of the ethics behind the use of bots & bot proxy networks to spread messages?

Twitter 293
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Public Relations Professionals Are Failing to Address the Ethical Threat of Incivility – Brian Peterson

Ethical Voices

Joining me on this week’s episode is Brian Peterson , the principal of Greater Life Communications. He discusses a number of important ethics issues, including: How respect can effectively address unethical situations. The ethical threat of incivility. Since I was 16, I’ve been in communications.

Ethics 78
article thumbnail

The most important ethics priority for healthcare communicators – Kena Lewis

Ethical Voices

Kena discusses several important ethics issues, including: What to do ethically when your boss is the problem. The ethical challenges of online identity. The most important ethics priority for healthcare communicators. I started in radio as a reporter and made the jump to PR about 35 years ago. Oh goodness.

article thumbnail

Increasing Your Media Coverage Through Storytelling

PRSay

As communicators, we have long relied on earned media or public relations — usually in the form of media relations — to place our clients’ names on the internet, on TV, in print and on the radio. How is your local government benefitting the community? Keep it ethical. If so, how?

article thumbnail

Un-Earthing The Real Story

PR in High Definition

ESG is short for Environmental, Social, Governance, so there are a host of wrap around components, like skills development, workforce reform or equality and social impact on communities. An ESG programme ultimately serves as a framework for measuring the sustainability and ethical impact of a company’s operations.

article thumbnail

What should you do when you think you received an unlawful order? Dave Honchul

Ethical Voices

He discusses a number of important ethics issues, including: What should you do when you think you received an unlawful order? In my enlisted career, I did just about everything a public affairs person could do including media relations, internal information, community relations, the works. It’s amazing. Get some good advice.