Remove 2011 Remove Community Remove Reputation Remove Writing
article thumbnail

The Financial Drain of Misinformation

PRSay

The bulk of this loss comes from stock market volatility stemming from financial disinformation campaigns, but the widespread proliferation of misinformation has also forced companies and organizations to increase spending on reputation management, brand safety, employee health and wellness, and crisis communication efforts.

Financial 190
article thumbnail

Introducing Crisis Dashboard

NewsWhip

For global companies, reputation is the new gold. Meanwhile, the threats to reputation have never been more variable or complex. Today’s communications professionals are tasked with the delicate work of anticipating, managing, and responding to reputation crises, often all at the same time — and with very little time for analysis.

Crisis 158
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Extra Mile PR Strategy: Wow Your Customers

Doctor Spin

In 2011, a Twitter user jokingly tweeted to Morton’s Steakhouse asking if they could meet him at the airport with a steak when he landed. 2011, August 19). Offer pro bono services to a non-profit organisation in your community. Write a white paper or research report on a topic related to your industry.

article thumbnail

Discovering the Roadmap in Teaching Social Media

Deirdre Breakenridge

In 2011, I was hired at the University of Louisville as an assistant professor in strategic communications and one of the main tasks I was asked to do was to create a new social media class to offer not only to our students in our department but for the university as well. How did I get started teaching social media?

article thumbnail

10 lessons from 10 years of teaching social media

Karen Freberg

However, universities are realizing the industry – those in the community where the university is located and beyond – need professionals with these skills – and are looking for new talent to recruit and hire. Professors now have a community to be a part of for social media professors. Was this in place 10 years ago?

article thumbnail

The future of academic conferences: Latest casualty of COVID19

Karen Freberg

I have been thinking about writing this post for some time. Each August, I would have the chance to attend and present at AEJMC, which is an academic conference I have been to every year except 2011 (because the paper deadline was the same day as my dissertation defense – so my PhD won that contest!). and help each other.

article thumbnail

Weekly Roundup: The New Year Edition

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali Weekly Roundup: The New Year Edition January 2nd, 2011 Tweet The champagne has been popped and you might be recuperating from the New Year’s Eve festivities. Regardless, thanks for visiting!