Remove 2011 Remove Community Remove Creativity Remove Video
article thumbnail

10 lessons from 10 years of teaching social media

Karen Freberg

Individual content creation opportunities from blogs, videos, and other hands on industry related pieces are also added. However, these are being more valued and accounted for in tenure and promotion cases – all tied to either creative services and activities, service, or evidence of your reputation in the field.

article thumbnail

Back to School! 3 Solo PR Pros on Becoming an Adjunct Instructor

Solo PR Pro

I started teaching at UCI in 2011, with a five-week, online course focused on using social media for business development. Courses taught: Principles of Public Relations, Public Relations Writing, Communications Ethics, Media Relations, Campaigns (graduate program). DePaul University College of Communications, 2011 – 2022.

Education 107
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Case Study: Blogger Outreach for Oxfam America’s International Women’s Day 2012 Campaign

Waxing UnLyrical

The eCard initiative was new for 2012, so there wasn’t a benchmark, say for 2011, to set goals against. But here’s what we did know: based on a similar initiative in 2011, where OA asked people to upload photos to a photobook, OA secured 261 new members to its eCommunity.

article thumbnail

Future of PR: 2020 edition

Stephen Waddington

He published a paper called PR 2020 on behalf of the CIPR in 2011 that examined the future of PR. Public service media is failing the public Thank you My thanks to the following communities and individuals. The project has brought me into contact with a new community of more than 50 thinkers and doers. It’s a work in progress.

article thumbnail

Public Relations Lessons From Jesus, The Apostles And The Bible

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali Public Relations Lessons From Jesus, The Apostles And The Bible December 24th, 2010 Tweet Note: this is not a religious post, and is meant neither to proselytize nor offend. Thanks for sharing!

article thumbnail

Global Business Leaders Congratulate Maxim Behar for the PR Week Award as Best PR Professional in Europe for 2022

Maxim Behar

And I want to say that you are one of the most creative, one of the most energetic person, PR person, I’ve met in my life, and I’ve met you several times. I know you, I know that this award will be an inspiration for you for more creative, more innovative, more influential PR work. . Senior Communications Manager, EIT Urban Mobility.

Energy 52
article thumbnail

12 Tips to Organize and Run a Tweetathon

Waxing UnLyrical

There are so many things I’ve learned during the course of this campaign – about blogger outreach, about measurement and analytics, about Facebook Groups, about community building – there are probably a ton of posts waiting to be written. The very first tweetathon we held was on June 13, 2011. Background.

Twitter 107