Remove 2010 Remove Community Remove Radio Remove Social Media
article thumbnail

#PR Expanded [Guest Post]: Drawn To The Spotlight, Part 1

Deirdre Breakenridge

Some might chalk up their success to their early adoption of blogging and social media. During the call Gini asked me, “If you were to do it again, would you grow your social media community on LinkedIn?”. The advent of the Internet and social media created the conditions for countless people to be heard.

YouTube 150
article thumbnail

Want Social Media Evangelizers? Be Social

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali Want Social Media Evangelizers? Be Social September 7th, 2010 Tweet Today BNET published my second post, focusing on how companies can use social media to turn customers into evangelizers.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How Pioneers in Skirts Ran a Successful Kickstarter Campaign…and Beyond!

Deirdre Breakenridge

That was a real success in the college community. As a PR student, I know the importance of social media so I used my personal social media accounts to engage with friends and influencers; retweeting and reposting the Pioneers in Skirts social media accounts whenever possible.

Film 150
article thumbnail

How Pink Panties Heralded India's Social Media Movement

Waxing UnLyrical

In the Indian context, the web has begun to move beyond a media genre that was no different in terms of interruption when compared to conventional media like television and radio. As privacy and choice gained momentum, permission-based Internet activity has led to what we now describe as the social web.

article thumbnail

Snapping at Synapses: Why Digital Death Sucks

Waxing UnLyrical

Get Shareaholic test Filed under Philanthropy , Public Relations , Social Media | Tags: digital death , fundraising , nonprofits , Philanthropy | Comments (34) Site settings comment help? Mark as read Approve comment When I first heard of this campaign, the focus was on the celebrities not using social media.

article thumbnail

Veterans Day: A Granddaughter Remembers

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali Veterans Day: A Granddaughter Remembers November 11th, 2010 Tweet The strong, silent type My grandfather never talked about the war. That’s him as a dashing young officer, right there.

Facebook 105
article thumbnail

The Transistor Radio and the Dawn of Mobile Media

Waxing UnLyrical

Some of you might remember the transistor radio. The transistor radio made its debut on October 18, 1954 when Texas Instruments introduced the Regency TR-1 , the first commercially available version of the product. By inventing the transistor radio, Texas Instruments filled a need. Guest Post by Fay Shapiro. They owned cars.

Radio 40