article thumbnail

The Importance of Community Relations in Healthcare

Landis PR

You probably don’t think about sponsored support groups, school educational campaigns or recruiting efforts…but these are all community relations efforts that are vital components to any integrated communications program in healthcare. AND, they provide an important service to the community.

article thumbnail

Research, Communication Crucial Before Collaborating With Influencers

PRSay

As lead communicator for the maritime arm of NATO, I supported an experiment last March to collaborate with a travel influencer named Jackie Todd, who has approximately 120,000 followers on Instagram and 650,000 followers on TikTok. My love of the Navy and the communication community inspires me to candidly address this topic.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

In Memoriam: Joe S. Epley, APR, Fellow PRSA

PRSay

A 1993 study he presented to the Defense Information School on ethics in military public affairs is also credited for putting professional ethics standards on the decision-making table in that segment of the PR profession. He is survived by Dorcas, his wife of 64 years; two children, Meredith Epley McGinnis of Travelers Rest, S.C.,

Ethics 164
article thumbnail

Ranger Scott Gediman on the Ferguson Fire and 22 Years as Yosemite Park’s Public Affairs Officer

PRSay

Over his 22 years as public affairs officer at Yosemite National Park , Scott Gediman has experienced a myriad of crises on the job, from floods and rock falls to hantavirus outbreaks. “It The closure affected both the park and the surrounding communities during the height of the summer visitor season. 22 about his experiences.

article thumbnail

Behind the Headlines With Connie Partoyan

Cision

A lot has changed in that time, especially in how companies, associations and organizations approach public affairs and government affairs. Our history is grounded in public affairs – helping to influence some of the most challenging public policy debates in the country. and in local communities.

article thumbnail

What U.S. Service Members Can Teach Us About Communications

PRSay

In March, I was selected to participate in this year’s Joint Civilian Orientation Conference (JCOC) , the oldest and most prestigious public-liaison program in the U.S. The program is staffed and supported by a team of top-notch public affairs professionals who plan and execute this multi-pronged, multi-day effort.

article thumbnail

Spotlight on a Solo PR Pro: Meet Nicole Castro

Solo PR Pro

Along the way, Nicole took on both full-time and consulting positions in community health, digital media and education where she has learned a lot, made plenty of mistakes and ultimately come to understand what is most valuable to her as a PR professional. “It I jumped at it,” she said. “I

Meeting 110