Remove Banking Remove Community Remove Crisis Remove Employee
article thumbnail

PR Lessons From The Biggest Failures of 2023

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

By Monday, most of OpenAI’s rank-and-file employees were threatening to follow them. Target found itself in a somewhat similar situation when anti-LGBTQ customers criticized its Pride Month displays, in some cases trashing store merchandise and harassing employees. Even the smartest PR won’t prevent a backlash or a boycott.

Banking 212
article thumbnail

Muddling through the COVID-19 crisis: celebrating human spirit and ingenuity

Stephen Waddington

I’m muddling through the COVID-19 crisis, just like you, but I am starting to think about what might come next. Is it possible to have a good crisis? It followed support from the Treasury for large employees a week ago. Demand for food banks is on the rise. The BBC and NHS have both stepped up to the crisis.

Crisis 167
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Elon Musk’s Twitter Takeover: Lessons for Leaders

Reputation Us

Whether or not Musk succeeds remains to be seen, but behind those headlines is a mission-oriented strategy, a performance initiative, and a customer plan that bank and credit union leaders should learn from. Bank and credit union leaders are looking on — perhaps in horror, perhaps in amusement — but they do look on.

Twitter 78
article thumbnail

Learning From Past Crises to Navigate Post-COVID-19

Reputation Us

When it comes to navigating crisis, I have been in the eye of many storms. As the president of ReputationUs and with 28 years of experience behind me, I have been striving to refine the art of managing corporate reputations during a crisis into a well-honed specialty. Ideally, a crisis is not a time to look at your vulnerabilities.

Crisis 78
article thumbnail

How public relations responded to COVID-19

Stephen Waddington

The Communicating in a Crisis report records how public relations was successfully deployed during in the pandemic. Practitioners helped build audiences for research projects, spearheaded hackathons, led the NHS communication response, underpinned support for NHS workers, vaccine uptake, community engagement, and business support.

Publicity 131
article thumbnail

Texas-Sized Crisis: 7 Steps to Communicating During a Disaster

Reputation Us

Texas-Sized Crisis: 7 Steps to Communicating During a Disaster. One of the best outcomes of thinking about a crisis before it happens is the chance to consider your credit union’s strategy in advance. But honesty, if you are a credit union in Texas, the situation is beyond the point of preparing for a crisis.

Crisis 60
article thumbnail

Now what? Down-to-earth advice for startups when the world is upside down.

Barokas

folks in the start-up and VC communities. All employees should have necessary IT to work from home. You want to be the first in line at the bank, not the last. Most companies have sick policies, but most employees in startups feel. furlough employees versus layoffs? What will you tell your customers and employees?

Employee 129