Remove 2018 Remove Community Remove Corporate Remove Print
article thumbnail

Corporate Social Responsibility Everyone Should See

Mindful Marketing

According to a 2018 CNBC article, between 250,000 and 440,000 people die each year in the United States because of medical errors , making them the third-leading cause of death, behind only heart disease and cancer. .”

Corporate 103
article thumbnail

Our Industry, Your Answers: Breaking Down the 2018 JOTW Communications Survey

Waxing UnLyrical

Corporate communications and PR can be a lonely business of sorts. As communicators, we are sometimes holed up in self-imposed exile creating content for others to deliver on ever-shrinking budgets. The idea of doing less with more is not uncommon to communicators. Guest Post by Scott Kaminski. Or are we? Let’s hit it.

Survey 74
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Career Development Tips for the 2018 Professional

Waxing UnLyrical

The difference between a person that climbs the corporate ladder and one that remains stagnant is the choice to plan for in the New Year. As you review your career options in 2018 to apply for a new job, here are a few helpful tips to help you get started. You are a hard-working professional with the talent to succeed in your industry.

Print 71
article thumbnail

Nonprofit Local News Gains Steam

PRSay

Already decimated by staff reductions, many print and broadcast newsrooms have been acquired by large corporations that are often more interested in online clicks and monetizing news than in factual reporting, Todd said. Block Club Chicago reportedly sends a daily newsletter to some 82,000 people.

Nonprofit 174
article thumbnail

Media relations is thriving

Stephen Waddington

Trust in the media The 2018 Edelman Trust Barometer (opens as a PDF) puts the trust between the public and media at 41% worldwide. In Two-Way Street , a short book about public relations published in 1948, Eric Goldman describes the three stages of the development of corporate communication from 1900.

article thumbnail

Acting Ethically Means Going Beyond Performative Action – Candace Hamana

Ethical Voices

I got my start in public relations, interestingly enough, doing political campaigns and community organizing back in South Carolina in 2007. I felt very compelled and impassioned with the work that I was doing in the communities in the South, the hotbed of retail politics. I was in charge of being the liaison to tribal communities.

Ethics 81
article thumbnail

Another PR Tech Startup Gets Venture Funding [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

The PR community needs the competition. So, I sold my agency and went all in with Propel to invent the public relations management (PRM) category – which has significantly gained steam in the industry since we launched the first PRM in 2018.”. That sounds promising. That’s the first in this month’s PR Tech Sum. Propel Raises $4.5