Remove 2014 Remove Community Remove Crisis Remove Leadership
article thumbnail

The Role of The Social CEO in Your Crisis Communications

Melissa Agnes

Yet the 2014 Edelman Trust Barometer shows that consumer trust in executives (and government) is at an all-time low. In a crisis, you need your stakeholders to trust your spokesperson and, thus, your organization. It takes time and energy to build a community of trust. Think about it. And who are your spokespersons?

article thumbnail

Discussing the Divide Between Police and Their Communities, on The Police Podcast

Melissa Agnes

There is currently a huge divide between police officers / agencies and the communities they serve. A divide that unfortunately grew in 2014 and that I hope to see begin to bridge itself in 2015. The industry needs an emergence of leadership that is seriously lacking right now. podcast, called The Police Podcast.

Community 100
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

A Few Words From A Proud Canadian About #CanadaStrong

Melissa Agnes

Canada suffered two terrorist attacks last week and, though there is some criticism out there around certain aspects of the way officials communicated in this crisis, I would like to highlight what has made me most proud. — Tanveer Naseer (@TanveerNaseer) October 22, 2014. — Keith Tauro (@TPSTauro) October 22, 2014.

article thumbnail

The four Ps of public relations leadership

PR Conversations

The chair of the Global Alliance introduces the Madrid Momentum ( Learning to Lead ) and details four Ps that constitute the cornerstones of PR leadership. Distance from an event lends a certain perspective, as we all know from our various war stories on crisis communication. The four Ps of public relations leadership.

article thumbnail

A Few Words From A Proud Canadian About #CanadaStrong

Melissa Agnes

Canada suffered two terrorist attacks last week and, though there is some criticism out there around certain aspects of the way officials communicated in this crisis, I would like to highlight what has made me most proud. — Tanveer Naseer (@TanveerNaseer) October 22, 2014. — Keith Tauro (@TPSTauro) October 22, 2014.

article thumbnail

4 Corporate Communications Lessons From Hurricane Harvey

PRSay

When my family undertook major renovations on our house in 2014, we began by interviewing several contractors. In corporate settings, outside crisis management experts can use their mental and physical distance from a crisis to see it clearly. The middle of a crisis is the wrong time to find the right resources.

Corporate 108
article thumbnail

Monday Roundup: Campaigns

Waxing UnLyrical

12 B2B Content Marketing Examples and Case Studies for 2014. Lee Odden showcases the best campaigns of 2014 thus far. How Your Organization’s CEO Can Use Social Media for Thought Leadership. The 5 Step Guide To Using Social Media in Crisis Management. I think I’ll start a crisis campaign today!”

SMB 77