Remove 2008 Remove Community Remove Corporate Remove Crisis
article thumbnail

For comms pros, Silicon Valley Bank is a reminder that trust is currency

Sword and the Script

The banking community has some unique dynamics… Scar tissue. The financial crisis of 2008-2009 still haunts many of us; Frayed nerves. We live in a world with plenty of corporate fakes: fake press releases , fake web traffic and even fake job postings. They lost confidence. They didn’t trust the bank.

Banking 81
article thumbnail

Public Relations and COVID-19: Studies Surface Challenges, Changes and Optimism  

Sword and the Script

Public relations has wrestled with messaging during the COVID-19 pandemic, but studies also show it has improved business collaboration and internal communications The events of 9/11 changed air travel. The recession of 2008 changed housing. How will it change PR and communications? The report was published in late May 2020.

Study 133
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Stockholders in the Corporate Family – or contemporary activists?

PR Conversations

At the time of authoring this chapter, he was Public Relations Director at General Foods Corporation before taking up the same role for in 1952 for Eisenhower (and subsequently serving in his presidential administration). ” Sadler in 2008 concluded: the corporation is not always responsive to social activist shareholder resolutions.

article thumbnail

What Marketers Can Learn from the 2016 PRSA Health Academy Conference

MaccaPR

Example: RTI International undertook a study that examined Twitter posts about e-cigarettes between 2008 and 2013 to gain insight into how companies were selling and promoting the product, as well as the locations where people use e-cigs the most. Communicating During a Crisis.

article thumbnail

In-Housing Trend: What PR Agencies and Marketing Firms can Learn from Law Firms

Sword and the Script

In other words, corporate communications is adding headcount and work that used to go to outside PR firms is being kept inside. The legal community, and more specifically the in-house effect on law firms bear insight. You have to keep in mind, big corporations can have hundreds of law firms on what they call a “panel.”

Agency 97
article thumbnail

Engaging (and grilling) the social side of James Grunig

PR Conversations

NOTE: Originally published on October 15, 2008. I thought the new media offered tremendous potential for environmental scanning, issues management, rumor control, and crisis communication. I pointed out the multinational oil companies in Nigeria have many problems in their relationships with activists and communities.

article thumbnail

Kpop Lessons: Handling Defamation Through Public Relations

Waxing UnLyrical

The rumors about Tablo’s supposed forgery were spread by two online communities: “We Urge Tablo to Tell the Truth,&# or TaJinYo , and “A World Where Common Sense is the Truth,&# or SangJinSe. Although I have no experience in crisis communication, I have learned some important lessons in light of Tablo’s scandal.