article thumbnail

Community for Career Development: A Look Inside One NAVUG Community Member’s Journey

Presspage

I’m a member of NAVUG , an online community that is the epitome of Margaret Mead's statement. If you will humor me and enjoy the story I am about to share, you too can build a thriving and successful online community in your sphere of influence. Online communities and learning were unleashed to the masses.

Community 115
article thumbnail

3 Reasons to Build a Niche Community

Cision

Many PR pros who aim to get coverage in high-visibility media outlets and at a national level often overlook great opportunities available in their own communities. We’ve got three reasons why you should build up your niche community: 1. Local members of the media are on the lookout for attention-grabbing area news. Familiarity.

Community 120
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The 22 Responsibilities of PR and What They Entail

Onclusive

Webinars, podcasts, online conferences and other digital format events have a tremendous reach and we expect them to continue to be important well beyond 2021. Social Media & Community Management With increasing frequency, social media and community management has become the direct responsibility of the communications and PR team.

Training 195
article thumbnail

Communicators Can Help Americans Vote in 2020

PRSay

Please join the #PRDiversity discussion via @PRSADiversity and follow along with our D&I-related blog posts, webinars and Twitter Chats throughout the month. 3, Americans will cast their votes for President and for state and local candidates. 6 webinar sponsored by PRSA’s Diversity & Inclusion Committee.

article thumbnail

Consumers Are Prioritizing Health & Wellness – How Brands In The Industry Can Best Connect with Shoppers

5W PR

Companies can create informative content in the form of blog posts, webinars, and social media discussions in an effort to share valuable knowledge from credible experts. Offer apps, guides, or online communities to support their progress. Create online forums, host local events, or collaborate with like-minded brands.

article thumbnail

The Importance of Networking in Public Relations

5W PR

Attending networking events Participate in industry conferences, seminars, and webinars. Global and international PR networks Networking isn’t confined to local or national boundaries. Editors are more likely to consider stories from familiar faces. Active listening When engaging with others, listen actively.

Publicity 103
article thumbnail

Increasing Your Media Coverage Through Storytelling

PRSay

29, Matt Charles, APR, presents a webinar titled “ How to Tell Your Organization’s Story to Get Media Coverage.” The webinar is available for free to PRSA members. Which students at your local college or university are already making the world a better place, and how are they doing it? If so, how? Keep it ethical.