Remove Blogging Remove Community Remove Ethics Remove Writing
article thumbnail

A Case for Marketing Ethics

Mindful Marketing

So, I was surprised recently when a student waited until others had left, then said, “Hey, Dr. Hagenbuch, I have a question about an ethical issue.” I felt for Grant in this predicament, but I also was very glad that he not only recognized there was an ethical issue, he was conflicted enough by it that he wanted to talk about it.

Ethics 94
article thumbnail

The top 10 most-read blog posts on Sword and the Script in 2023

Sword and the Script

Blogs were raging. That next spring I started this blog, largely as a means of professional development. I could read about what was happening, test it out on my blog, and apply what I had learned to my daily job. It’s also a clear way to demonstrate my work ethic and affinity for continuous learning.

Blogging 115
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Content analysis tool BuzzSumo adds journalist database for SMBs [PR tech sum no. 48]

Sword and the Script

I’ve been writing this monthly column about PR technology companies for nearly five years – and I’m still continuously reminded that while these companies make software for communicators, they are not typically communication experts. Meltwater gamifies customer community. Content picks PR ethics. Trust but verify.

Analysis 147
article thumbnail

Did the US election kill ethical PR?

ReimaginePR

As a communications professional, I view elections as a series of public relations strategies and tactics. Speech writing? Online community engagement of rabidly partisan zealots? However, the definition of “at all costs” has never been so literal, and the strategic communications work employed to win has never been so dark.

Ethics 120
article thumbnail

How an underground high school newspaper led to a 10+ year blog

Communications Conversations

People want to learn more about their communities! I believe both of those experiences shaped me and led me to starting this blog. And there’s a lot I learned from running that underground newspaper that I put into practice now, even to this today, on this blog. This blog is very similar. when I was 17.

article thumbnail

Managing Conflicts in a ‘Cancel-Culture’ Environment

PRSay

Each September, PRSA celebrates Ethics Month, featuring programs presented by the PRSA Board of Ethics and Professional Standards (BEPS). Please join the discussion via #PRSAChat and #EthicsMonth, and follow along with our ethics-related blog posts, webinars and Twitter Chats throughout the month.

Ethics 136
article thumbnail

7 PR Blogs You Should Be Following

Critical Mention

While we certainly encourage PR and communications pros to follow our insightful Critical Mention blog , we also want to share a few of our other favorite PR blogs. Our take on Ragan’s PR Daily blog: Without a doubt, Ragan’s PR Daily blog is one of our go-to blogs for communication and media related news and tips.