Remove Blogging Remove Community Remove Print Remove Travel
article thumbnail

5 Tips to Pitching Success – When PR Stands for “Personal” Relations

Deirdre Breakenridge

When I started out in PR, my focus was building relationships with the media who were mostly print journalists at newspapers and trade publications. Yes, there is still print and broadcast media. You may not always have the opportunity to be an active participant in my communities before your breaking news announcement.

Pitching 150
article thumbnail

Applauding the community at the Fringe

PR Conversations

It’s understood that the play’s the thing; however, it was the vibrant community found around each performance that proved an unexpected volunteer adventure at The Toronto Fringe festival 2015. Many of the Fringe community stakeholders are clear: the artists (actors, writers, directors, stage managers, etc.);

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How COVID-19 will impact PR practice and skills

Stephen Waddington

In the consumer sector, the entertainment, gym, hospitality, sports and travel industries in the UK shutdown on 23 March when a lockdown was applied. That will continue, impacting outdoor, experiential, events, meetings and print Brands need to own and control their own media to engage with stakeholders.

Crisis 151
article thumbnail

2016 – A Year in Traditional Media

Shift Communications

A long time McDonald’s employee who has Down Syndrome was celebrating her retirement, and we wanted to share the good news with her local community – both to show everything people with disabilities can take on, and that McDonald’s supports them. Travel Channel’s blog Roam , Felicia Feaster: Travel Gift Guide . “I

Print 60
article thumbnail

Letter from the English Lake District: Airbnb guest signs as a communication art form

Stephen Waddington

We're planning to show you how build a personal space for your content on the internet and how to make blogging a habit. Her approach to squeezing learning into her busy home and work life is a combination of podcasts, blogs, newsletters, books and Twitter. Both articles are so good you’ll want to print them out. ??

article thumbnail

Corporate Social Responsibility Everyone Should See

Mindful Marketing

Jason, who wrote a guest blog for Mindful Marketing about a smart cane and who was my coauthor on a CommPRO article titled, “How Serving Blind Consumers Creates Competitive Advantage,” is completely blind. ” Subscribe to Mindful Matters blog. Learn more about the Mindful Matrix.

Corporate 102
article thumbnail

Career Development Tips for the 2018 Professional

Waxing UnLyrical

Think of the cost of gas traveling for interviews, new work clothes and printing costs. Glassdoor even has a Know Your Salary calculator you can print out during a salary discussion with your boss. With the help of technology you can build an online community to help build your business or network with people in the industry.

Print 71