Remove 2014 Remove Community Remove Small Business Remove Writing
article thumbnail

Importance of a PR Degree and How to Use a Public Relations Degree

5W PR

In a recent article, we cited a study that estimated that public relations would grow about 6% between 2014 and 2024 and that U.S. It was a natural transition since they already knew how to write appealing pieces and had established relationships with other colleagues in the media. million have less than 5 employees.

article thumbnail

Rock The Pitch #7: The Anti-Facepalm Formula

Rock the Status Quo

THE PITCH On Jul 24, 2014, at 8:42 AM, John Larkin (kudos, John!) I would be delighted to write an in-depth article about Facebook that your audience would find really useful & hopefully interesting! Also, any preference as to what type of post I might write? wrote: Hey Lindsay, My name is John Larkin, from PropelAd.

Pitching 173
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Extra Mile PR Strategy: Wow Your Customers

Doctor Spin

Offer pro bono services to a non-profit organisation in your community. Write a white paper or research report on a topic related to your industry. Collaborate with other small businesses in your area to cross-promote each other’s products or services. Business Plus. How good must these PR activities be?

article thumbnail

Orlando or Bust! Last Chance to Register for Solo PR Event at Discounted Rates

Solo PR Pro

This year, we’ve joined forces with the well-respected Florida Public Relations Association (FPRA) Conference – being held August 10-12, in Orlando – to help develop a program jam-packed with sessions of interest to the Solo PR Pro community. Instagram for PR Success – Heather Whaling, President, Geben Communication.

Hotels 40
article thumbnail

28 Observations from 28 Months as a Solo PR

ZudePR

In 2014, a whopping 581,000 businesses started up in the UK. According to Bloomberg , a staggering 8 out of 10 entrepreneurs who start businesses fail within the first 18 months. In some small businesses, the owner also produces the product or service, markets it and delivers it to clients.”. Sharing, and doing.

article thumbnail

The Making of Cision: A Brief History of 15 M&A Transactions that Consolidated a Sizable Chunk of the PR Technology Market into One Company

Sword and the Script

Oh, sure, there are bits and pieces, but even the Wikipedia entry , at the time of this writing, is woefully incomplete. 1) February 18, 2014: Enter GTCR . Sources: Business Wire , PRWeek , RMP Analysis , Chicago Tribune , Mergr.com ). 2) April 7, 2014: Vocus. 2a) June 2, 2014: Vocus + Cision.

article thumbnail

The Top 10 Books of 2016 (According to Zude)

ZudePR

Reading this book inspired me to write this blog post , which has been shared more than 1700 times on social media. #2: ” This book, his fourth, is a compilation of the most insightful verbatim unscripted answers he’s given to his community during the live q+a element of his YouTube show. All 160 episodes since July 2014.

Writing 84